Going to lose 87lbs but I can't do it alone, looking for some friends

Options
This will be the second time I am going to lose this weight. The first time I went from 209lbs to 133lbs in 7 months just by exercising and eating very clean and using MFP. I got with my hubby and 3 years and one baby (after 3 pregnancies lost) later, I am back up into the 200s, at 222.4 lbs as of this morning and looking to get down to 135 lbs by doing what i did three years ago, eating clean and exercising. I currently am healing from a knee surgery but I will be exercising as much as I possibly can. As of today I will be logging every bite I take and all activity I do. I need accountability friends, I have done this without accountability friends before, but to me friends make everything better. :smiley: I am ready to do this, no excuses, none at all! Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• huntersmommy332
    huntersmommy332 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 200 pounds after 1 baby and 1 loss( I was 20 weeks pregnant when I lost the baby) I'm waiting to be cleared to work out after I had to have a dnc last week cuz all the placenta wasn't out after 2 months of bleeding after losing the baby. My apt is the 28th to see if I can get cleared. I want to get down to 120 pounds and am ready to all I can do to get there with hard work and motivation and would love to help motivate each other! Feel free to add!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @huntersmommy332 request sent
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in for sure. Encouragement and accountability make motivation a lot easier. :)
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    @ChrisiEMilio sending request :smiley:
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Also, does anyone have experience exercising with a recovering knee?
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend :)
  • LeeAnn254
    LeeAnn254 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)
  • danilars1021
    danilars1021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi- I have been on MFP for awhile with no progress because I haven't been very committed. I think having a supportive community will make a huge difference in motivation and success. I am at 223 right now and am 5'4". I really can't believe that I let it get this bad... I am ready to lose some weight with no excuses either! :) I would love to have support and be supportive during this journey.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Weird, nothing there. I'll try adding you :)
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Update: Still looking for friends, everyone who has responded I have sent requests and anyone who has requested to be my friend I have approved. Sorry it took so long for some of you but I am on mobile most of the time so I can't do request or approve friends from there. lol. On a positive note, I have been eating clean for two days and feel the difference in my energy level. :smiley: I am so excited to continue this journey with yall!
  • pattyann4
    pattyann4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for some time and still haven't lost. I've had a lot of up and downs but I feel I need the extra support of a group with the same goals. The big 55 is coming up on Sat 25th and my gift to myself is going to be a healthier -20 lbs slimmer happier me :) So I will be shopping and stocking the house with much healthier foods. Lots of Raw Energy foods...fruits & veggies and good fats, proteins etc and hitting the exercise and weights. I shall get back into a lot of walking each day too. Nice to have this forum to chat with others and help each other we can do this! I hope I am posting this right?
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have a similar goal as you. I am 200 pounds now and trying to get down to 125 or 120 (I am fairly short).
  • fightforfit13
    fightforfit13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just sent a request. I have about 25lbs to reach my goal weight, 20 of which is still baby weight. My son is a year old now and I have yet to get back into my healthy habits. I'm ready to nip this in the butt too!
  • araya510
    araya510 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'll add ya! Your not alone!
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @Fighting4Healthy Sorry for your loss. I know how devastating losing a baby is, especially that far along. I too lost my baby at 20 weeks 6 yrs ago. Then became pregnant again and had my rainbow baby girl. I am currently 209 and am trying to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 140. Anyone who is looking for support please feel free to add me. Good luck to all on your journeys.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank y'all for your support! This is day four of my lifestyle change for a better me. Right now i am at home with my three girls, my hubby is home sick from work, i have a pork roast in the crock pot and am trying to clean my house. I'm still recovering from knee surgery but skipped physical therapy today because my knee is just super sore. The baby is teething (4 freaking teeth at once!) and wants to nurse every 10 minutes. By now i would be stress eating, but not today. Today my go to good is my Chocolate Shakeology with banana, chia seeds and flax seeds, i got my chocolate but don't feel guilty! And this roast is smelling so delish!!!!
  • Nykki8
    Nykki8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @Fighting4Healthy I am also over 200, would like to be 125. You can add me, It's nice to have friends for encouragement. This is probably the fourth time I've tried my fitness pal, but this time my head is in the game!
  • dpirateprincess
    dpirateprincess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. After 14 yrs of "baby fat" its time. I'm down 12.5 pounds down in 3 weeks. Looking to get to 145 and currently at 203. So if you'll have this 45 yr old mother of 4, I'd like to join your group.
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 217 last weight in, but started at 225, looking to get down in to the 130's myself. I'll throw you an add, and best of luck!
  • Yelojoy
    Yelojoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Update: Still looking for friends, everyone who has responded I have sent requests and anyone who has requested to be my friend I have approved. Sorry it took so long for some of you but I am on mobile most of the time so I can't do request or approve friends from there. lol. On a positive note, I have been eating clean for two days and feel the difference in my energy level. :smiley: I am so excited to continue this journey with yall!

I'm in! I need all the support I can get. I do pretty good with the eating part. I have A VERY HARD TIME staying motivated to exercise. I feel like the more support and encouragement we can give one another, the better. I'm just getting started on this journey (again). I look forward to not having to do it by myself this time.