TRX and logging help

Options
Does anyone do TRX?? If so, how do you log it and how do you like it? Do you log it as strength training?

Replies

• nfreeman1
    nfreeman1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I actually tried TRX today and logged it as strength training, intense and/or extrememe training. I loved it. It was a great workout this morning, and I would definately do it again. Hope this helps.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    is that the thing with the ropes hanging from the ceiling?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Use your heart rate monitor and log calories burned under cardio.
  • buggity
    buggity Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined tonight and have no idea how to log TRX training...but I can tell you that I own one and love it!
    It is fun to do, and I have had great results- it has dramatically trimmed my midsection, improved flexibility and strength.
  • corinnak
    corinnak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I take a TRX class at the Y - I usually count it as circuit training because my instructor includes some cardio sets in each session. This may not be the best category match, I suppose.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes, TRX has the cables hanging from the ceiling. Thanks, all!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Thinking about trying that in about a month-ish . when my personal schedule changes for summer. curious to here more about it
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty tough workout using your own body weight and it engages your core in every exercise! I took the class today and I really liked it. I also noticed that I had more definition in my arms than anyone there!! WooHoo!!! :glasses:
  • randomchunkybutt
    randomchunkybutt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I am not a message board newbie, just new to this one. I decided that before I created a new thread, it would be better to look for an existing one.

I see someone has already suggested using circuit training as the category when logging in exercise.

Is anyone else doing this or using circuit training as the category? Please let me know.

I happen to love TRX training and the trainer varies the class to have a different focus from class to class and in particular month to month. While I am not as lean and sculpted as I would like at this point, I have seen a bit of shrinking of my overall size and do feel better than I have in a long time. If you're on the fence about trying it, go ahead and do it! It will be invigorating!
  • randomchunkybutt
    randomchunkybutt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I am not a message board newbie, just new to this one. I decided that before I created a new thread, it would be better to look for an existing one.

I see someone has already suggested using circuit training as the category when logging in exercise.

Is anyone else doing this or using circuit training as the category? Please let me know.

I happen to love TRX training and the trainer varies the class to have a different focus from class to class and in particular month to month. While I am not as lean and sculpted as I would like at this point, I have seen a bit of shrinking of my overall size and do feel better than I have in a long time. If you're on the fence about trying it, go ahead and do it! It will be invigorating!

Bump...

Anyone, anyone...Bueller?