Dark Chocolate --

Options
2»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed Chocolove and Endangered Species dark chocolates.

Aside from a few Russell Stover eggs, most of what I have on hand right now is milk chocolate.

• Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I love me some dark chocolate! 90 or 99% Lindt, Green and Blacks, or Ritter if I'm feeling mix ins.

You're the only other person I've seen on here who eats the 99% too. BTW, I weighed mine out the other day and found the packaging/nutrition facts to be very wrong on this one.

I also eat the 99% (Lindt or Novi, an Italian brand).

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I like Trader Joe's dark chocolate... 19c4ba7011d545898f09bf67eea4ce39.jpg?itok=FK8c8MrD

and their 72% dark chocoalte bar too. Trader_Joes_Chocolate.jpg

The top one I'll eat about a fourth of the bar and the bottom one, I'll be satisfied with two pieces.

***Side question - anybody else eat the one on the top picture? Do you know how much the percentage is of that dark chocolate? I've always wondered.

I believe it's 54%.

So basically candy

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I love the Green and Black dark but it's a lot more expensive than the Mosser Roth 83% that I get at Aldi's which is also lovely silky smooth and delicious. And it comes in individually wrapped small bars perfect for portioning. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I love me some dark chocolate! 90 or 99% Lindt, Green and Blacks, or Ritter if I'm feeling mix ins.

You're the only other person I've seen on here who eats the 99% too. BTW, I weighed mine out the other day and found the packaging/nutrition facts to be very wrong on this one.

How is the Novi? I have not seen it.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Yes to pretty much all.

Just sampled Green & Black this week and it is fantastic.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Somewhat more bitter, with a different texture. I have no idea if you can find it in the US

• arditarose
    Options

Somewhat more bitter, with a different texture. I have no idea if you can find it in the US

Thank you
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm money cheap and calorie cheap, so my go to is Cadbury's Royal Dark.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,967 Member
    Options
    Just had me some Lindt creation. Dark chocolate filled with chocolate mousse. I'm good.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Lindt or Green and Blacks,,,,,,the higher the % the better.......and it means it doesn't get nabbed by the husband who hates dark chocolate,,,,,,,,
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually buy whatever is on sale between Camino, Green and Blacks, and Endangered Species, they all make one around 80%. and Theo makes a really great chocolate mint bar. I buy them because they are fair trade and organic, which eases my conscience, and the extra cost makes it feel like a luxury so I eat it slower ;) Just tried another brand, Alter Ego, It was 60% and had puffed quinoa crisps. Very delicious, I've always been a sucker for crispy chocolate. I eat a 100-150 calorie serving of whatever bar I have each day, usually at the end of the day so I can look forward to it! or when I just can't wait anymore!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Endangered Species mint and Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie (86%).
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like lindt, vosges, chuao...for starters. I like the 99% cacao lindt because it's low in calories, but helps me meet my fat macro. So much fun to be adding chocolate in my day to help me hit my goals. The bacon vosges is pretty awesome. And the calorie count on chuao is great for some reason, I also like their maple/bacon, and potato chip/chocolate bar.

I'm insanely curious about the 99%. I'm working my way up in percentage. I'm finishing up a Ghiradelli 86% and I have a Lindt 90% in my fridge, ready to go.

Tonight I threw a square into my protein shake and it was delicious! :grin:
  • arditarose
    Options
    I like lindt, vosges, chuao...for starters. I like the 99% cacao lindt because it's low in calories, but helps me meet my fat macro. So much fun to be adding chocolate in my day to help me hit my goals. The bacon vosges is pretty awesome. And the calorie count on chuao is great for some reason, I also like their maple/bacon, and potato chip/chocolate bar.

I'm insanely curious about the 99%. I'm working my way up in percentage. I'm finishing up a Ghiradelli 86% and I have a Lindt 90% in my fridge, ready to go.

It's intense. There's like...a warning label on it. Basically so people don't complain to them, thinking they are about to bite into a snickers or something. I like it because it's low in calorie and just kind of interesting. It's nice dipped in a creamy coffee, or tea, or with raspberries/fruit.
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is there any other kind of chocolate? I LOVE dark! For my diet "treat" I buy dark chocolate or I think they are called semi sweet chocolate chips that you are supposed to make cookies with. I freeze them and then count out some to "snack" on. They are good frozen and low in calories. They are less than a hundred calories if you eat 30 of them. I eat ANY dark though and there are a lot of choices out there. I just check calories and count out what I can have. That is what I love about My Fitness Pal. You don`t have to deny yourself things you love. Just remember moderation and calorie count are the keys.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options

It's intense. There's like...a warning label on it. Basically so people don't complain to them, thinking they are about to bite into a snickers or something. I like it because it's low in calorie and just kind of interesting. It's nice dipped in a creamy coffee, or tea, or with raspberries/fruit.

Well, I'm both excited and intrigued. I'll have to look around and see if I can actually find it before ordering it from Lindt's website.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    My heart is torn between:
    -Endangered Species' Pumpkin Spice dark chocolate bar
    -Vosges Coconut Ash & Banana dark chocolate bar
    I have tried many others I adore as well, but these two hold top place so far!