no idol tonight

Options
c2sky
c2sky Posts: 487 Member
I don't have a t.v., so I have never watched a complete episode of American Idol. But this year I have followed it on the net. I have beeen amazed at the variety and talent this year. And I love J Lo and Steve Tyler.

I started watching because Stefano went to my kids' high school. But I love James. I just can't bring myself to care tonight. I did buy tickets to the tour though.

So you can share your thoughts, but I just can't watch without my James. Sorry, I'm still in shock. I'm not a sore loser. I just only kept following it mostly because I was so entertained by him.

Replies

• connieholiday
    Options
    OMG, I know, right!!!!
    I loved James!!! I am sad for him, but so proud for him as well! He seems to be such a good kid, and to overcome so much, and be so dang talented for having his challenges. WoW! I am, sorry to say, going to continue to watch. I love all of the contestants, but have really come to really like Hailey. She is also Unique! I kinda didn't like her to much in the beginning. I always liked Lauren and Scotty, oh and James for sure, but now that James is out of the running, i hope Hailey takes it! But James was the best i think, and i wish he could of stayed, but hey, he is going to get a record contract anyways, look at Daughtry! So, chin up on that one :) Hope you have a great night! Connie
  • duitsmana
    duitsmana Posts: 17
    Options
    They are all great--- gonna be tough, but my vote is for Haley and has been for a while!! So we'll have to see :)
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    They are all great--- gonna be tough, but my vote is for Haley and has been for a while!! So we'll have to see :)

me tooo!! I love her and cannot wait to buy her cd!!
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Go Haley!!! My husband loved James and I liked him too, but I want Haley to win!
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Agree. He *made* the show. He was truly entertaining no matter what he did. You could tell he was always having a great time. Did not watch it since he left.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i stopped watching after Jacob was booted. i have a love/hate relationship w/Idol. I'm geeked up during the first half of the show then my interest wanes....after the top ten ... and then i'm like i don't care no more. smh
  • westj15
    westj15 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think Scotty is absolutely adorable.....
    baby lock the door and turn the lights down lowwwwwww
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Haley is good, and so is Scotty, but it seems obvious to me that Lauren is going to win. She's by far the most talented (especially for her age) of the 3 left.

I was also devastated that James lost. I was rooting for him since the moment they introduced him.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    wow, so many opinions. There are things I liked about all of them. But I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED James, and rock is not my favorite genre.

I was reading that James was allowed a homecoming anyway. He gave a 1 hour concert. I saw 10 m inutes of it on youtube.

But here is what is really cool. He also spent time with kids that have tourettes and aspergers. Imagine how enjoyable that was for them, and their parents. They talked about being bullied and he talked about how being different is the new normal. As a mom who has a 20 year old son with autism, this really endeared me to him. But I would have loved him just as much without that spin. But it cemented it for me. Maybe that's why I'm so bummed. I really think he was a different kind of performer and a different kind of person, in a very positive way. I hope when he does make it big, that he doesn't change!

Oh and I have to say I love Jacob too. I knew he wouldn't win, but I loved him. The one I really miss was Naima. I could so enjoy watching her through a whole concert.
  • connieholiday
    Options
    I think Scotty is absolutely adorable.....
    baby lock the door and turn the lights down lowwwwwww

LOL, isn't he though!!!! :o)