Stuck on the same weight???

Options
I've been stuck on the same weight for over 3 weeks now and so far have not gone over my calories. I've been trying to balance out my daily diet, but stayed within the "healthy" range. Since nothing of what I've been doing seems to be working, I started eating less healthy but staying within my caloric intake, but still not losing any weight. Soooo after trying the good healthy balanced diet, today I went crazy and ate a bunch ofcarbs and fats still staying within my daily calories so we'll see how this works. I was told to change it up to confuse my body. What do you think?
MFP says I should lose 8lbs by June 4th, we shall see if their predictions work based on my daily caloric consumption

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Unless you just aren't logging everything, you aren't eating enough. The cal goals MFP gives you are just that - GOALS - not a number to see how far under you can be. You need to MEET your cal goals each day. Try that for a while and see what happens :wink:

Recommend reading these threads:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231636-the-eating-when-you-re-not-hungry-dilemma

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230930-starvation-mode-how-it-works
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I was stuck, too... and for three weeks, as well! :) I just still stuck with it, and I noticed 2 pounds gone since Monday, the last time I weighed in before today. The only thing I did differently: I substituted a snack with a chocolate peanut butter protein shake. I saved some calories that way.

Good luck!
  • biggerpix
    biggerpix Posts: 96
    Options
    it happens. I've been stuck for 2 weeks too. you will plateau. but in that time, you will loose inches, tone and build muscle, which is a good thing. muscle weighs more than fat and will mess with your scale numbers when you want them to go down.
    TTOTM will affect you for at least 2 weeks once in a while too.
    The more you loose, the harder it is to loose a single pound.
    Cut out bread. Eat lots of tuna and veggies and don't binge on fats and carbs. Tuna is great for weight loss. I make a stuffed tomato with a mushroom, onion, fat free cheese mix that is to die for. I do the same thing with zucchini. I go through phases where I eat nothing but veggies and things that have little fat and carbs and that works for me. I eat a lot of fish too.
    you can't get frsutrated either. it will happen when it happens and stressing out about it will make you loose your motivation.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in the 170s since October. Welcome to the prestigious plateau club
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,223 Member
    Options
    Let me second the point that you are not eating enough. The calories MFP gives you are what you are supposed to be eating. If you exercise, you need to eat those extra calories you worked off. Since it seems you have not been doing this, you are suffering the consequences and your body has slowed its metabolism. Start eating all your calories with a focus on veggies and lean meat and you will eventually see the weight start to come off. If may take a while for your metabolism to rebound though.
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have been eating low carbs and balanced fats until this week. I'm stuck and fish and chicken feel me up plus all the veggies and snacks between meals. I'll give it all week and see what happens
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    no matter how I change mine around it always says to eat 1200 calories
    Is that a default?
    That's only 0.5 loss per week.
    I'm sure more than that is safe and possible

odd?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have been eating low carbs and balanced fats until this week. I'm stuck and fish and chicken feel me up plus all the veggies and snacks between meals. I'll give it all week and see what happens

Paleo? I'm a Blueprinter. Cut out fruits. I did see several servings of fruit. Try to eat closer to your BMR, not just the 1200. I know meat and fat is delicious and filling, but chicken and sea food is a little too lean to help you meet your nutritional needs. Meat that came from 4-leggeds, however, tend to give you more bang for your buck. Jus' sayin :)
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The scale hasn't budged for me since I started this whole thing. It's extremely frustrating and I almost feel like giving up.. but I have hope that eventually, maybe I'll start to lose.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    no matter how I change mine around it always says to eat 1200 calories
    Is that a default?
    That's only 0.5 loss per week.
    I'm sure more than that is safe and possible

odd?

Yes, that's the lower limit MFP allows for guided cal goals. It's the amount recommended by health experts as the minimum required for the average woman to receive adequate nutrition.

If you are very petite, you MAY be ok with less than 1200 (down to maybe 1000, if you are very small), but be aware that you will need to make absolutely certain that you are meeting all of your macro (protein/fat/carbs) AND micro (vitamins and minerals) goals and eating pretty clean to ensure you get adequate nutrition.

Unfortunately, for smaller people, they just don't have as much leeway with deficits because there isn't as much to work with, and will likely need to lose slower than someone who is bigger.

ETA: you don't have that much to lose, though, so you DO need a conservative deficit. Might help to read these threads:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics