Huge lines on my neck...

Options
Can anyone relate with me?

I've got these two rings that go all around my neck and it's driving me nuts because I'm ashamed of taking pictures of myself and just stare at those darn circles. Is it "stretch marks" from the fat that I've lost from my neck, or is is still excess fat that I need to lose?

If it helps anyone and if no one found out yet, I am a guy.

I know some people say don't worry about your physical features like that because people who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind, but I matter and I mind! D:

Replies

• rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Taken from www.buzzle.com

Wrinkles and saggy skin, are some of the signs of aging, that can make your appearance unsightly. Out of all the muscles of the body, sagging of the facial muscles and the neck muscles, can obviously be noticed very easily. Though aging is one of the common reasons for loose skin around the neck, sudden weight loss and obesity are two more major causes of sagging skin around the neck. One can't help but wonder how to tighten loose skin after weight loss that shows up around the neck and chin. There are different ways to reverse this sagging effect, which include, surgery, creams, exercises, etc. Given below is a brief discussion on methods to tighten neck skin.

How to Tighten Loose Neck Skin

As mentioned earlier, there are several ways to tighten loose neck skin. Following is a brief explanation of each method.

Neck Lift Surgery
    Neck lift surgery is considered as the best way to tighten neck skin, since it provides instant results. Liposuction, cervicoplasty and platysmaplasty, are different types of neck lift surgeries. These surgeries are quite expensive and also have complications with the procedures. Though surgery is a very effective method to tighten loose neck skin, one should always go for natural methods and tighten neck skin without surgery; because, natural methods to tighten neck skin are always safe and give long term effects. For more on this, take a look at neck lift without surgery.

Creams
    There are various brands that produce creams to tighten neck skin. These creams basically contain antioxidants and ingredients that hydrate the cells present in neck skin. This moisturizing helps to tighten neck skin and also makes the wrinkles less visible. Neck tightening cream should be used at least twice in a day. But before using them regularly, one should consult a skin expert and verify the safety of these creams.

Exercises
    Minor sagging neck problems can be reversed by performing sagging neck exercises. Given below are the steps to perform these exercises to tighten neck skin.

Exercise #1
    Stand in an upright position or sit in a chair. Look forward, slowly bend your head in backward direction and look towards the ceiling. Do not over stretch and give a natural stretch to your neck muscles. Then, tuck your lips in outward direction, as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling. Hold this position for 10 counts and then slowly relax your lips. Get back to the original position and do 10 more repetitions. This is a good exercise to tighten skin after weight loss.

Exercise #2
    To perform this exercise, stand straight or sit in a chair. Cover your upper lip with your bottom lip and look forward. Then, inhale and slowly tilt back until you look straight towards the ceiling. Hold this position for 10 counts, exhale and get back to starting position. Do 10 more repetitions.

Exercise #3
    This exercises will show you how to tighten loose skin around the neck. Also this exercise helps to tone the muscles present in front part of the neck. First, stand in an upright position and then tilt your head in backward direction. Then, hold the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth and tilt your head in downward direction, towards the chest. Do not move the tongue from its place and hold the position for 5 counts. Get back to starting position and do 5 more repetitions.

It is recommended that before performing any of the exercises or using skin tightening creams, you should consult an expert. I hope this brief explanation on various methods to tighten neck skin, will prove helpful to you.
  • maximuslupus
    Options

Wrinkles and saggy skin, are some of the signs of aging, that can make your appearance unsightly.
    That sucks, I'm only 19...
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Wrinkles and saggy skin, are some of the signs of aging, that can make your appearance unsightly. Out of all the muscles of the body, sagging of the facial muscles and the neck muscles, can obviously be noticed very easily. Though aging is one of the common reasons for loose skin around the neck, sudden weight loss and obesity are two more major causes of sagging skin around the neck. One can't help but wonder how to tighten loose skin after weight loss that shows up around the neck and chin. There are different ways to reverse this sagging effect, which include, surgery, creams, exercises, etc. Given below is a brief discussion on methods to tighten neck skin.

How to Tighten Loose Neck Skin

As mentioned earlier, there are several ways to tighten loose neck skin. Following is a brief explanation of each method.

Neck Lift Surgery
    Neck lift surgery is considered as the best way to tighten neck skin, since it provides instant results. Liposuction, cervicoplasty and platysmaplasty, are different types of neck lift surgeries. These surgeries are quite expensive and also have complications with the procedures. Though surgery is a very effective method to tighten loose neck skin, one should always go for natural methods and tighten neck skin without surgery; because, natural methods to tighten neck skin are always safe and give long term effects. For more on this, take a look at neck lift without surgery.

Creams
    There are various brands that produce creams to tighten neck skin. These creams basically contain antioxidants and ingredients that hydrate the cells present in neck skin. This moisturizing helps to tighten neck skin and also makes the wrinkles less visible. Neck tightening cream should be used at least twice in a day. But before using them regularly, one should consult a skin expert and verify the safety of these creams.

Exercises
    Minor sagging neck problems can be reversed by performing sagging neck exercises. Given below are the steps to perform these exercises to tighten neck skin.

Exercise #1
    Stand in an upright position or sit in a chair. Look forward, slowly bend your head in backward direction and look towards the ceiling. Do not over stretch and give a natural stretch to your neck muscles. Then, tuck your lips in outward direction, as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling. Hold this position for 10 counts and then slowly relax your lips. Get back to the original position and do 10 more repetitions. This is a good exercise to tighten skin after weight loss.

Exercise #2
    To perform this exercise, stand straight or sit in a chair. Cover your upper lip with your bottom lip and look forward. Then, inhale and slowly tilt back until you look straight towards the ceiling. Hold this position for 10 counts, exhale and get back to starting position. Do 10 more repetitions.

Exercise #3
    This exercises will show you how to tighten loose skin around the neck. Also this exercise helps to tone the muscles present in front part of the neck. First, stand in an upright position and then tilt your head in backward direction. Then, hold the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth and tilt your head in downward direction, towards the chest. Do not move the tongue from its place and hold the position for 5 counts. Get back to starting position and do 5 more repetitions.

It is recommended that before performing any of the exercises or using skin tightening creams, you should consult an expert. I hope this brief explanation on various methods to tighten neck skin, will prove helpful to you.
    WOW!!! You are a world of useful information! Thanks for sharing all that!
  • maximuslupus
    Options
    Though aging is one of the common reasons for loose skin around the neck, sudden weight loss and obesity are two more major causes of sagging skin around the neck.
    Never mind, read too quickly. Thanks a bunch!
  • costewar
    costewar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can anyone relate with me?

I've got these two rings that go all around my neck and it's driving me nuts because I'm ashamed of taking pictures of myself and just stare at those darn circles. Is it "stretch marks" from the fat that I've lost from my neck, or is is still excess fat that I need to lose?

If it helps anyone and if no one found out yet, I am a guy.

I know some people say don't worry about your physical features like that because people who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind, but I matter and I mind! D:

I don't know how they look by your description, but when I first read your post, the first thing that popped into my head was a bacterial infection. It usually occurs in children with type 2 diabetes and who are overweight. Read the following:

Acanthosis Nigricans
    Acanthosis nigricans is a condition in which tan or brown raised areas appear on the sides of the neck, armpits, and groin. Sometimes they also occur on the hands, elbows, and knees.

Acanthosis nigricans usually strikes people who are very overweight. The best treatment is to lose weight. Some creams can help the spots look better.

For more info and a pic, go to this website: http://www.pediatriccenterofroundrock.com/childhood-obesity.php
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If they are dark or "dirty" looking, I believe that's an indication of insulin resistance.
  • maximuslupus
    Options
    Nope, first reply answered my question. Thank you, though.