My 'lightbulb' moment

Options
To preface this: "Trigger foods" is something I've always heard about but never gave much thought to the concept...

The past few weeks I've noticed that if I have a taste of something or one chip I can't stop!!! It's finally hit me that maybe "giving into your cravings occassionally" or "everything is okay in moderation" simply does not work for me. This girl is all or nothing! Now that I'm more aware of this I've come to realize that I just simply can't have that 'one bite' or 'taste test.' Everyone has different strategies...unfortunately I can't have the one bite of satisfaction-I'd need the whole darn thing!

(sigh) Just wanted to share as I feel so silly for not actually putting this all together before. My 'duh' moment. "Just say no from the get-go" is going to have to be my personal strategy unless I've intentionally planned to induldge that day.

Replies

• hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. It's all or nothing. That is why I HAVE to cut processed sugars out of my diet completely, or I will eat a whole thing of Haagen Daz or two Milky Ways or a whole box of cookies. It's like the instant something sweet hits my tongue, I become a bottomless pit. Yikes!