HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!! PAIN!!!!

Options
i had my contacts in for too long. my eyes got infected. i took the contacts out. i put on my dadgum glasses that i hate. my mother forced me to put honey in my eyes. it burned so so very bad. i called the doctor and he gave me a prescription. i got it filled. my mom wont let me take it. she took it away. she has but hoeny in my eyes 4 times now and it burns and every time she puts it in my eyes they get redder and hurt more. help?

Replies

• jetbutterfly
    Options
    I dont even really know what to say, except to try and call the doc on call and tell them your situation and your mother thinks the honey is the best way to go, and refuses to give you your meds. I hope things work out for you and you feel better soon doll! :(
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You are a 20 year old grown woman. Don't let her put honey in your eyes and take back your prescription.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Are you a grown person? Tell Mamma you don't want the honey anymore? Is there a belief or something that is making her do this...such as a religious type? Your eyes should get better fast, it is one thing that heals quickly....tell her you are not putting honey in your eyes......PERIOD. Good luck <3
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Honestly?

Tell your mom to give you the medication or you will call the police. And if you don't want the honey in your eyes, don't sit there and take it. Move away. Unless she is tackling you to the ground, pinning you down, and pouring it in... I think it's probably preventable.

And I definitely was not trying to be mean... I just can't think of any other way for you to get out of this situation.
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    Is this a joke??? What does this have to do with eating healthy???
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My sister left her contacts in too long and got an ulcer on her eye... I seriously doubt honey would help with that or any other eye ailments. You need your meds! Your vision is WAY too important to try home remedies. I work as a pharmacy technician and I've never heard of this as a way to heal your eye.
  • heidipalmquist
    Options
    Try using baby shampoo in your eyes, instead. My daughter is a nurse and a doctor told her to do this when she got an infection in her eyes. She does wear contacts, too.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my first first suggestion would be: STOP WITH THE HONEY-EYE THING!

I looked up the whole honey for eye treatment on the internet, and my second suggestion would be: NO HONEY IN THE EYES!

Go get your real meds, tell your mom she needs to mind her own business (which your eye pain is not, it is yours), take your meds, feel better and NEVER PUT HONEY IN YOUR EYES AGAIN!

If you have any more questions about the honey/eye ratio, I will be happy to answer them.

PS: I do mean this in a motivational way. Seriously, I did look it up on the internet for you, and didn't get any really good reviews of that whole situation. Best of luck with your eyes. Hoping it all works out.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke??? What does this have to do with eating healthy???

it doesnt have to do with eating healthy, it has to do with living healthy.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    some people are replying really harshly. i know that sometimes moms are pushy. just try to rinse as much honey out as possible. don't put those same contacts back in and try to rest your eyes. maybe take a break from the computer.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    some people are replying really harshly. i know that sometimes moms are pushy. just try to rinse as much honey out as possible. don't put those same contacts back in and try to rest your eyes. maybe take a break from the computer.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Stand up for yourself, girl! You're a grown woman and you need your meds!

(This was meant in the nicest way possible :smile: lol)