having trouble losing weight

Options
Hello there all.
I'm not new to this, but I am new to reaching out to the community on here.
Ready for it? Here it is...
I'm a mother of 2. My girls are 5 years and 6 months old. Before my oldest I was 5'10 at 145lbs. (Ideal yes? ) very thin. I gained 105 lbs with my first pregnancy! !! I never fully lost it all. I was around 175 lbs when I found out I was pregnant with my second. I gained about 50 lbs with my second. (Much better but I was heavier starting out and still not ideal) due to water weight and breastfeeding i lost 30 lbs the first 3 weeks of post pregnancy. I am now 198 lbs. I worked out with a trainer for 3 months 5 days a week and only lost 9 lbs in those 3 months....my weight has fluctuated since and thus I remain around 198. Losing only 9 lbs in 3 months busting my *** was very discouraging. Once again, I am attempting a weight loss journey hoping for better results. I don't understand why it's so hard for me. I'm starting 21 day fix. I'm not using shakeology due to price. But following the meal planning as closely as possible (having a husband and 2 children makes it harder). Anyone else having problems losing weight like this?
Thanks for reading. Good luck to everyone on your journeys. Whatever they may be.
Jessica

Replies

• sjb5577
    sjb5577 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Me! I don't have any answers but I too have been busting my *kitten* since April 6 with workouts, counting calories and not only have I not lost any weight, I've gained 2lbs. I'm extremely discouraged at this point. Spin class M W F, Body Pump T TH, rest Sat Sun. Sticking to my 1200 cal most days. Sometimes less sometimes slightly over. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm 5'2 160lbs UGGHHH!!!
    Good luck to you jjovicars!
  • sjb5577
    sjb5577 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What is the 21 day fix?
  • jjovicars
    jjovicars Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    21 day fix is a program by Beach Body. At home work outs on a dvd. 7 days a week 30 min a day. They are fun, but a lot more difficult than I anticipated, which is a good thing in the long run. I am only 6 days in. I feel better and have more energy. It's hard to stay motivated when ur not in a gym tho, so it takes some major dedication to do at home workouts which I'm struggling with. Almost skipped day 4 but once I got the kids to sleep I decided to squeeze it in before bed. I'm glad I did, but it's just so easy to let it slip away from you.
    Thank you for your responses. I'm finding this app more and more useful with its community. Ppl are very supportive and willing to share which is great.