50 next year!

Options
In 9 months I'll be 50 and I want to be slim. This means losing 5 stones (or as near as)!
Anyone on a similar journey? X

Replies

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    5 Stones (70lbs) is a lot of weight!
    Are you sure you need to lose that much?
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started losing for a similar goal, but it was for my 30th birthday. I had wasted my 20s being overweight and eating poorly (for no reason because I actually like healthy food, I had just been to lazy to plan and cook properly), and did not want to be in my 30's in the same shape. I lost 80lbs in a year, eating 1200 calories (Ok for me because I am short). I have not reached my final goal because my journey after that first year was interrupted by a surgery, 2 pregnancies and breast feeding. Now I am back on schedule to lose the last 20lbs. You can totally do it if you are committed to making good choices for yourself.
  • barbaraeldred1966
    barbaraeldred1966 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply and your inspiration!
    Ditto to the 'too lazy to plan and cook'. I love healthy food, so it's a case of being a little more organised and hopefully keep the motivation. I spent my 40s being overweight. I don't want to be in the same situation in my next decade!

Thank you for sharing your story x
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started at age 49, having spent most of my adult life weighing over 300 pounds. Over the last 4 years I've dropped 100 pounds. If I can do it, you can!
  • barbaraeldred1966
    Options
    5 Stones (70lbs) is a lot of weight!
    Are you sure you need to lose that much?

Unfortunately yes!!! Over the last decade I have put on just over 5 stone! Disgraceful I know but it's the truth and I'm not hiding it!. My goal is to lose as much as I can in 9 months but will keep going until I get there!!! :) x
  • barbaraeldred1966
    Options

I started at age 49, having spent most of my adult life weighing over 300 pounds. Over the last 4 years I've dropped 100 pounds. If I can do it, you can!

Well done!!!! That is amazing! :) x

• campbellk63
    campbellk63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I crossed over to the other side two years ago (now 52). Doctor got on me about my weight and cholesterol. Good wake up call to get off my hind end and take care of this. She was not happy when I refused medication. Went to a nutritionist who told me about this site. I can't believe this site and app is free. The database is amazing. It even scans off label foods for tracking. I just love it. I really think I am going to make it. Good luck to us all.
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and i need to lose 5st too. Its slow going but i'll get there in the end
  • barbaraeldred1966
    Options
    I crossed over to the other side two years ago (now 52). Doctor got on me about my weight and cholesterol. Good wake up call to get off my hind end and take care of this. She was not happy when I refused medication. Went to a nutritionist who told me about this site. I can't believe this site and app is free. The database is amazing. It even scans off label foods for tracking. I just love it. I really think I am going to make it. Good luck to us all.

I can't believe it's free too... And able to connect with people in a similar situation! It's motivated me (and boy did I need some motivation)! X
  • barbaraeldred1966
    Options
    MistyBlue9 wrote: »
    I'm 43 and i need to lose 5st too. Its slow going but i'll get there in the end

Well Misty B, we have made a start.. And you my dear have made a very good one!

We can do this :) x

We shall be celebrating in the new year :) x