Polar FT4 (Yay or Nay?)

Options
So I'm on Amazon and found the HRM i want (Polar FT4) for $58 + Free Shipping..People tell me why i should or shouldn't make this investment. Lol..I'm so close to making this purchase and part of me is saying "Nah"

Replies

• medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I bought it..Lol Thanks anyway :neutral_face:
  • EMergise
    EMergise Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've got the ft4..... its good... however, my version at least, you can't download any of the data.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've had that one for a long time. Seems to work great for me.
  • rudy336
    rudy336 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i did the same, bought mine on amazon almost a year ago, and i love it! i have lost a total of 25 pounds using it. i plug in my calories burned into my fitness pal to regulate my calorie intake. :) i love my polar ft4!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I loved mine BUT I switched to garmin in December, which syncs directly. MD suggested I count steps and get over 4-5 miles per day. it's not enough incentive to MAKE me change my habits and walk more, so I'm not sure if I like it better or not.
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. It helps me to push a little harder to keep my heart rate high and stay high during workouts
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    happy with mine

up to you how you use it in terms of eating back the burns though

I go for
    100% on steady-state cardio
    <50% on weights
    about 60% on calisthenics
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i love it.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sad news, my polar died on me, well not really die but it says it can't connect to my heart rate. and ive only had it for 5 months. SMH :disappointed: