Female, 23 looking for friends for mutual support and motivation

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm 23 and have been an inactive member of MFP for a few years. I'm taking it seriously now and I have lost some weight but I have a lot to go.
Just like everyone else I'm looking for fun, supportive friends, maybe with similar goals or starting weights to get to know, and help support and motivate you guys along the way.

I'm from London, uk but all are welcome, of any age, sex etc we are all in this together!

SW:196
CW:174
GW:150(29/7/15)
UGW:117

Thanks
Lizzy
X

Replies

• Nimbus5000
    Nimbus5000 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzy

I've also been a member here for a while but have had something of a hiatus and I'm going to throw myself back in the fire!

What has inspired you to get involved properly?

- Emily
  • meg6191
    meg6191 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there! Just getting started on here. I was given a shock in November and was put on a low glycemic diet because my body was producing too much insulin. When I was a senior in high school I was a solid 155 pounds. In November, at the age of 23, I weighed 196. I am now down to 165 but I feel as if I have plateaued. I have been sitting at this weight for the last month, especially after having surgery to remove my gall bladder. My goal is to lose at least another 10 pounds, hopefully before June. I am looking for other people to help motivate me!
  • hope_gutierrez
    hope_gutierrez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll!
    My name is Hope, and I'm a 20 year old college student, and I live in Chicago, IL. In high school I ran track all 4 years, and I was in the best shape of my life. I entered college and the freshman 15 was more like a freshman 35.. I just need some friends to be my motivation to get back to the healthy place I was at in high school. I currently weight 160 pounds and I would love to be back at my weight of 135 pounds. If anybody needs a friend or motivation, I'll more than gladly be there! Let's hit our goals together!
  • lilwcsangel
    lilwcsangel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also getting started! Good luck
  • lmhallas
    lmhallas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzy,
    I'm just getting started too! I'm 23 and from CT. I used to be super skinny in high school and college due to great metabolism and I needed a surgery to fix my chest and stomach so I wasn't able to eat much anyways. 7 years after my surgery I packed on a lot of weight and have a thyroid problem. It's nice to find other young girls on here looking for support to lose weight.

Best of luck!
    Leah
  • Lizzyhwhearts
    Lizzyhwhearts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone who has posted, and everyone who sent a friend request.

To those who were wondering my new motivation came from a little weight loss in the first place. I started a new job in October and I commute into the city daily. Being on my feet and walking a lot has really helped start the weightloss.
    Now what I didn't tell you is I work in a cake shop, a really good one :neutral:
    So I'm trying to resist temptation, eat healthier and up my exercise levels.

My biggest issue is I usually get really obsessive with weight loss, restrict a lot and then feel crappy, only loose water weight, plateau and give up.

Not this time!!!!

If this is your second or third or fiftyith time around on starting your weight loss journey what is it that usually causes you to give in?

Thanks for being with me on this journey, add or message and hopefully we can all support each other

Thanks
    Lizzy
  • Zarinalexandra
    Zarinalexandra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm about to be 20 and I'm a junior in college. It my first day on here and I really am just looking for support and inspiration. I want to feel myself again!
    I'm 5'1 and my starting weight was 198 in February 2015 size 12/14 jeans
    CW:185 10/12 jean size
    GW: 130 and then I'll reevaluate from there and probably go for 110 or so.
    I'm excited to begin this journey by taking it to the next level and hope some of you will add me as a friend and we can hold eachother accountable and be positive motivators!
  • amyknight637
    amyknight637 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm also from the UK and actually I started a job last year in September and I put on a LOT of weight for several reasons!
    1. I worked near a bakery
  • angiedavies1990
    angiedavies1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello i am 24 and i am just getting started in here. I believe we r looking for the same things support in a fun positive way!
  • Lizzyhwhearts
    Lizzyhwhearts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the adds.
    Does anyone have any 'treats' lined up for when they reach their goals? New shoes? Dress? Day out etc
    Just wondering as I don't have any goal related treats lined up yet

Lizzy
    X
  • afacetocallhome
    afacetocallhome Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24 and from the UK.

The first time I tried MFP, I was trying to do it alone. It got too difficult, and I gave in. I just felt so isolated, and it got to the point where it seemed like a losing battle. This time, I've made some friends, and it's a lot easier.

You (and anybody else) are welcome to add me. I'd love to be friends. :smiley:
  • ClarWebb
    ClarWebb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    21 year old college student here! I'm tall but have always been on the higher end of my weight category. The freshmen 15 my first year was no help either lol my mom lost 60 lbs and so she's a great example of what can be done through dedication and hard work!

Good luck!!
  • sarahlouisebooth8965
    Options
    Hello everyone :),

Im 25 and in Nottingham, UK

I have about 5 stone to lose!

I want to lose weight as I am finally happy with my life after several tough years and now want to be happy within myself

Please feel free to add me! :smile:

Sarah xx
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Mary Kate. I'm 26 and live a pretty busy life. Im type 2 diabetic. I'm hoping to lose about 40 pounds. Lets do this!

feel free to add me :)
  • funkymonkey97
    funkymonkey97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm 17 and from the UK, this is my first day using MFP and first time dieting. I'm hoping to lose 1 or 2 stone as I've decided it's time to do something about my weight. It great to find other young people like you lot. :)
  • JasminAlphalete
    JasminAlphalete Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! :smiley:

I'm Michelle, originally from the sunny beaches of South Africa, Lived in New York for a while which was awesome, but living and working in London (UK) for the last 4 years. I'm trying to lose stubborn body fat and uncover some muscles, so working on getting more muscular.

I'd love to make some new friends, any age, location (London, USA etc), feel free to add me. I'm all about motivating and supporting each other! :) I'm 34 but the high school students I teach say I look 23 so I'll go with that.. LOL ;)

Xx
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    21 and from Surrey, England. Add me if you like! :smile: