Gotta share this story...

Options
I had been slowly integrating myself into a modified eating habit. Making changes that wouldn't overwhelm me and steer me away from my goals. I was at a Women in Ministry conference having dinner. A wonderfully catered dinner. Tons of spoil you food. I had made up my mind that this was a life change not a "diet". So this event being part of my life, I wasn't "entitled" to spoil myself.

I had gone through the buffet line and made the best possible choices I could. There was this baked chicken dish that had this amazing creamy cheese sauce on it. I discreetly, or so I thought, took the chicken into a napkin in my lap and proceeded to wipe off the sauce. This adorable girl sitting next to me caught me.
"Ummmm, I am just wiping off the chicken," I said.
"Is it bad?" she asked.
"I don't know. I am just trying to make a chicken salad out of it."
Well she watched me....she saw that I didn't clean my plate. Guess who didn't clean her plate.
The dessert table was amazing! Cakes cut into pieces that covered a 8in plate! I am so glad that when I went up there to find something that would be acceptable, there was no one manning the table and I sliced off a shaving of this raspberry cake. I returned to my table and again this girl noticed. Guess who shaved off a piece too?
This girl is at least 10 to 12 years younger than me and is a plump thing.
It was then that I realized I had made choices that not only helped me along but this girl had encouragement to do the same.

When you wanna give up or give in, remember you can become an enabler one way or the other to those around you who look for encouragement. I want to enable people to make the best choices for them and their goals. Becoming the good example, living the good example and sharing the good example is what I wanna do:flowerforyou: .

Replies

• selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Very inspiring! You never know how one action can influence someone else.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Inspiring others is the best part of the journey :) Way to go!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    awesome! i love that you shared with us!
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    wonderfulll :)
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    great story!!!!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Great story! A lot of people don't realize the small things that we can do to make something healthier. That way it's not difficult. Bravo to you!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    What a story!!
  • awilson444
    awilson444 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Neat story, thanks for sharing!
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thats amazing:) very proud of u!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    good work - and thanks for sharing!!:blushing:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Wow what a lesson -- live your life as an example, you never know who is looking. :love:
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It really is so much easier to stay strong when you have someone to help show you the way. Great job sticking to your guns and realizing your choices helped influence another persons decisions!