so upset

Options
I'm so upset with myself, I was doing so good before my cruise but since I've return I can't get my motivation back

Replies

• kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just do it. No one else can do it for you. Pick yourself up and start again. The sooner you start the sooner you'll see results. So don't think "I'll start again tomorrow" or "I'll start after the weekend". Just start now.
  • HarrisonAR
    HarrisonAR Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sometimes motivation needs to be faked.. until it gets back! I barely have motivation but I keep telling myself that ill get there!!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself this question - Do I want to be healthy or do I want to stay the way I am, am I happy with myself and how I look in the mirror and how I feel about myself? We all have bad days. Its what you do after the bad days that show your true character. Chin up, pick yourself up, dust yourself and keep moving forward. You can do it!
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If you did it before..you can do it again. Maybe, think about 'something to look forward to', even if it's just a movie..but something where you can imagine yourself looking good. Then work toward that. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's hard to turn things back around after a vacation..but not impossible. :)
  • gingerknitja
    gingerknitja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a flakey *kitten*. Stop waiting for him to call. Form habits instead.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It will eventually come back. I'm just getting back into it after 2 months.
    Lost 2lbs in those 2 months instead of my 10lbs per month
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Stand naked in front of a mirror for 1 minute. Dont look away. Make sure its the full minute. Works for me every time to remind myself why I am doing this. It can be a very hard thing to do if you have a lot to lose.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Holidays can do that to you......don't get upset about it. Just choose a day to get back to the routine you were following before and prepare yourself for it mentally. I am a believer that you do need some mental preparation before starting, re-starting, etc,,,,,,,
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing :( Easter really threw me off and I haven't dared to step on the scales since. Now I have 4.5 weeks until my holiday, I suppose you have to stop thinking about what you did wrong, and just think do I want to get worse or better? Even 4.5 weeks of weight loss could really make a difference to how I look and feel, so I better go for it, and then try to keep on track after the hol!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Someone wrote something in another thread that was profound. He said, "If you get a flat tire, do you slash the other three tires or do you change the flat and keep going?" I am taping that to my bathroom mirror!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Pick a day. Whatever day, next week, tomorrow, whatever. Make that your "start again" day. That way you have some time to mentally prepare.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    If you think the cruise was helping to motivate you then just plan a summer trip to the beach, lake or somewhere you will look forward to and use that upcoming event to help motivate yourself.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Try to just starting logging your food again. Even if you're 5,000 calories over your goal every day, log everything you eat and drink. Once you're back in the habit of doing that, you might find you want to start making the changes you need to make to get back into the zone again.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Someone wrote something in another thread that was profound. He said, "If you get a flat tire, do you slash the other three tires or do you change the flat and keep going?" I am taping that to my bathroom mirror!

^^This!
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    HarrisonAR wrote: »
    sometimes motivation needs to be faked.. until it gets back! I barely have motivation but I keep telling myself that ill get there!!

Fake it till ya make it, just get up and shake it! At the end of the day you'll feel so good you did. Just do it. The motivation will follow! Keep the Faith!!! smiles
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    Stand naked in front of a mirror for 1 minute. Dont look away. Make sure its the full minute. Works for me every time to remind myself why I am doing this. It can be a very hard thing to do if you have a lot to lose.

Interesting tip. I'll try it!
    I put on my skinniest clothes and ask myself if I'm comfortable enough to wear them on a transatlantic flight.