Looking for some easier breakfast and lunch ideas

Options
im needing some ideas on foods for my breakfast and lunch. Maybe some snacks as well. Somewhat easy, sense I'm a hair stylist and don't get to spend a ton of time eating snacks and lunch. I prefer cold lunches, warm one make me feel tired if that makes sense. So please give me some tips.

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    My breakfast go to every day is cereal with fruit almonds and fruit. I don't have to think about it and I can basically just copy from one day to the next so logging is super easy.

For lunches to take to work, I just make extra for diner and take leftovers. Again I've already worked out the calories for a potion so It requires very little thought. I also log that for the next day when I make dinner.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat "breakfast", but a meal that I love that keeps me full for a long time is cottage cheese (full fat of course) blueberries and fiber one (original) cereal. Keeps me full for so long and is delicious. For snack I eat Wasa crackers (I like the light rye ones) with peanut butter. Maybe an apple and some cashews. Lunches for me are salads or wraps.
  • maryjane28
    maryjane28 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    overnight oats!!! soak oatmeal in yogurt or milk overnight ad stuff to it and its ready the next day
  • PostExamsHealthBinge
    PostExamsHealthBinge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Make a big fruit salad and put it in the fridge covered, take bits out to eat for either breakfast or put in a container for lunch (this saves preparing meals everyday), it usually lasts about 3 days but it does depend on the fruit you use. Try breakfast bars? Quick and easy, if your still hungry pair it with a piece of easily carried fruit such as an apple or banana (which you can eat on the way to work, on a break etc). Sandwiches are obviously an easy option as well and can be low calorie if you make them right! (Mine are around 150calories). You can make salad the night before (In about 10 minutes) and put it in the fridge to easily grab in the morning.

Hope this helps
  • swimminginseattle
    swimminginseattle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfasts:
    Yogurt & fruit
    Cottage cheese & fruit
    Oatmeal w/ banana & nuts
    Poached egg on toast

Cold lunch ideas:
    Sandwich
    Wrap
    Fresh spring rolls
    Apple, nuts & cheese
    Salads, veggie or fruit type
    Hummus & pita
  • darrylt109
    darrylt109 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Meat and 1/2 cup of beans, 2 cups of spinach and a protein shake at 9am. Gives me about 50g of protein and only about 400-550 calories...keeps me full til around 1pm.
  • darrylt109
    darrylt109 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    4-6oz of meat
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs for breakfast every day. Once a month I make batches of mini quinoa frittatas (109cal) on weekends and freeze them, so I can just grab one and microwave it. And every week I hard boil a dozen eggs and keep them in the fridge, so I can grab a quick breakfast or snack if I'm super busy.
    As for lunches. Once a month I poach a crockpot full of chicken breasts, dice/shred them and freeze in 4oz to 1lb portions. I tend to like making different types of chicken salads(or sandwiches) and eat that for lunch or I eat leftovers. Not very exciting, but it works for me.
  • ShelbeyCarrell
    ShelbeyCarrell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Lots of great idea! I love the chicken salad ideas and plan on making the bulk and freezing
  • msbonnieblueyes
    msbonnieblueyes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have overnight oats or a make a healthy smoothie for breakfast. My favorite quickie lunch is a Flatout wrap with deli Chipotle chicken. I also use frozen, cooked, mesquite chicken breasts with microwave veggies for lunch. Easy! Easy to prepare the night before and microwave for lunch
  • annewan375
    annewan375 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what i eat :

when i wake up 2 boiled egg's

between that and my lunch i eat low fat quark (kwark)

my lunch are 2 piece waldcorn bread with 15+ cheese spread( smeerkaas) or low fat cheese

between my lunch and my dinner i eat an apple

Then dinner, meat and veggies. and 1 potato (most of the time no patato)

and then around 19:00 quark(kwark) or another piece of fruit.

During the day i drink 3-4 bottles of water 30 cl.

after 20:00 i don't eat anything.

i switch things up everyday but it kind of alike every day
  • annewan375
    Options
    i also make a green smoothie on a daily basis. spinaze, apple, banana
  • kbornman21
    kbornman21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do a cup of greek yogurt with half a cup of granola and whatever fruit I feel like having that morning. Then I just snack once or twice before lunch.
  • annewan375
    Options
    most important is to eat every 2-3 hours.. so you keep burning fat
  • iwillthinkof
    iwillthinkof Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For breakfast I sometimes like to have oat pancakes.

40g of oats (or half a cup)
    3 egg white
    a little vanilla essence
    a little cinnamon if you like it
    you can also add a sugar substitute like stevia (in fact, I prefer them with)

Just mix it then cook it on a pan until it's golden. This recipe yields one pancake. Then spread some peanut butter or whatever you like on it :)

Without peanut butter or any toppings the pancake amounts to200 calories with 3g fat, and 15g protein. Will definitely keep you full.
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do the yogurt parfait thing (nonfat Greek yogurt - plain, fruit (blueberries, etc.), and NS granola. I also copy of a breakfast bar and put that in the plain yogurt.
  • CaribooKit
    CaribooKit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    An easy breakfast for me when I don't have time to make some eggs (mhmm eggs) I make some overnight fridge oats. 1/3 cup of large flake oats, 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1tsp of honey, 1tsp of chia seeds, 1tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup of fruit (blueberries,raspberries, apples, whatever). top it off with some cinnamon and nutmeg and leave it in the fridge overnight. You can make it for a couple days in advance too. Sometimes sub in some hemp hearts or change the proportions to switch it up. Usually works out to around 400 cals for me.