looking for accountability

Options
Hi there! I feel like i have always wanted to be healthier, but in the last year my weight has ballooned... I am currently 192 and have a goal of 125. I just recently became an actual adult with a full time career, and I think the stress of that has a lot to do with the huge gain. I am struggling *so much* to find balance between work life and exercise\cooking healthy. I'd love to "friend" other motivated individuals on here and maybe we can help motivate each other? We all have a journey to make, I would love to go on mine with a supportive group of people to help hold me accountable!!!

Replies

• HikerinLV
    HikerinLV Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had similar issues the last couple years as stress from relationships and work caused me to eat worse, stop exercising, and gain weight. Just started getting on track in December with small steps ... taking supplements to help me with nutritional health and energy, doing small workouts in the morning (no more than 30 minutes) to get my body used to it again, and eating less crappy food. I've lost 55lbs so far as I've stepped up my exercise levels the last couple months where I'm now going to the gym 5 days a week. Wish you luck! It's tough starting out but a couple months makes a big difference!
  • StayThirstyMan
    StayThirstyMan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar! Busy lives leave challenging hurdles to get over. I'm planning on prepping foods that will help.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in! I've lost 17 pounds so far with 43 pounds to go. If you job involves a lot of desk work get a balance ball or a balance ball chair and periodically use that as your chair. Here is a link for some exercises you can do at or near your desk. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2013/02/06/the-10-best-exercises-to-do-at-your-desk/
    For healthy eating one of your days off take some time and get healthy foods prepared. I do things like a batch of hard boiled eggs, mason jar fruit salad, mason jar veggies salads. You can make five salads and they will keep in the fridge for about five days. Before I go to bed at night I prepare my morning smoothie. Then in the morning I can grab it and blend it in my Magic Bullet. I also make sure that I am well stocked with healthy snacks like cheese sticks, nuts, fresh or frozen fruit, and Greek yogurt. Then I take these things and make little snack bento boxes. Two of my favorite Bento box snacks are a hard boiled egg, baby carrots, and humus or one string cheese, turkey pepperoni, green pepper strips, and marinara sauce. All of these can be grab and go. My last recommendation is if you don't have one invest in a crock pot. That way when you get home dinner is done. You can even do overnight breakfast in the crock pot so that when you get up in the morning breakfast is ready.

Here are some pictures of mason jar salads, and bento boxes. The bento box is going to be my reward when I hit twenty pounds.

mfp-[img][/img]m0to1rjuy12u.jpg
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/7z/y0uj9o3ceyrb.jpg
    en.vanillaforums.com/editor/x6/0wjxtyt4g7mc.jpg
  • kweigang
    kweigang Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips @MarciBkonTrk