Question for the ladies: Pms and cravings

Options
Hello Ladies!
Am I the only one that experiences awful, awful, awful cravings around PMS?! I sure hope note, because I could use some help. So around the time of PMS I get the worst cravings for sweets and carbs, like I NEED to have it NOW. I'll literally binge on anything from cookies, to ice cream, to cereal, to bread, to anything I can get my hands on really. No amount of food or sweets will satisfy my cravings/ hunger. My stomach is basically like a bottomless pit.

I would love to hear your experiences with this...or what you do to rid the cravings!

Replies

• Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday, I had a super filling meal that kept me full for pretty much the last half of my day. However, once it hit 11 pm, my cravings for sweets and salty snacks hit me so hard. It was a good thing my meal kept me full for so long because I had more calories to play with, so I had some chocolate and popcorn. When I finished them, at first, I was still craving more, but after a little bit, my stomach felt satisfied and I went to sleep before the cravings hit me again, lol.

Maybe try eating a more satiating meal and then save a chunk of calories from your day for some snacks you know you'll need.
  • mia6662015
    mia6662015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I get you, i get terrible cravings around 4-6pm and just stuff my face with bread and butter... It's awful, annoying and I don't know how to get rid of it...

If you find a solution let me know,

Xx
  • jeannettej460
    jeannettej460 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Girllll I so know what you mean I can do so well for 3wks then whamm blow 3wks of hard work down the tube for a 3 day carb binge. I do not know why but like you i can not get enough. They say, You may find it helpful to eat small, frequent and balanced meals before and during your period. Complex carbohydrates and protein, rather than "junk food", will give you the most satisfaction and energy. Staying hydrated is also very helpful, and can help you feel full. Some women also find that taking calcium and vitamin D supplements prior to their periods can make a difference in their PMS symptoms, including food cravings.
  • jeannettej460
    Options
    I began a Vitamin D supplement and this month I am finding myself doing much better and what can kill that crave for me is those veggie stix chips from good start.
  • Sephixteeo
    Sephixteeo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm set to start this week and I'm circling the kitchen like a tiger would it's prey. Ugh. Salty, then sweet. I think I'm going to give in some more now and see where my calories are. And maybe do some Leslie Sansone later on.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Evening Primrose and Starflower oil? I don't know about food cravings, but it certainly helped even out other PMS issues for me. I have no science to back this up - it is just anecdote from personal experience.
  • jeannettej460
    Options
    I am trying to make better choices during that time but with such a short fuze it is very hard lol so i tell my kids and hubby keep that crap out of the house, I do like the Good Health Veggie chips , they cure that need for salt and i love the crunch and a servings is 30 chips so I def feel im getting enough for my buck. 2z33jdxhyddv.png
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i completely understand the PMS bottomless pit feeling and I do not have much advice other then sometimes you have to give in

when the hunger & cravings are really that uncontrollable drink a bunch of water and then if you are still feeling that feeling then well indulge in the cravings

it happens our bodies go through so much

my period is on its way this coming week and so far im doing ok with the hunger monster we will see :)
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I drown myself in chocolate brownies. I get uncontrollable cravings 1 to 2 days each period. I'm diabetic but I always cave in an eat sweets. You are not alone.