Slimming world- what are you eating?

Options
I am doing slimming world and want to understand how many calories on average others are eating whilst on it as Ive been watching calories and doing SW and altho had good losses think this is too restrictive and not maintainable long term. Would love to see what others on slimming world are eating and how much body magic : ) you are doing!please add me if your happy to share stories and diaries -how much have you lost?how have you done it?top tips etc

Replies

• samanthaalgar27
    samanthaalgar27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm not actually a paying member of Slimming World but I have been doing it for the past 3 months. I've gone from 9st 10 to around 8st 12 almost lost a stone, I've not really been using MFP as much since been on SW but I do check now and again that I reach and don't go over my calorie goal of 1200. I also bought a fitbit last year which has really pushed me to work out. I don't really understand how SW can be restrictive?? It's not often I even have 5 syns. and on days when I have a binge I just make sure I work out. I always have the same thing for breakfast and lunch (Wheatabix with milk and Salad for dinner) It's only dinner I have to be careful with but I love making my meals from scratch, and I always plan the whole weeks meals in advance.
  • RobynKinnaird
    RobynKinnaird Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to the cal count here but I tend to be under it but I do between 9-1600 steps a day, strength exercises & started running again this week (first time since baby) X
  • bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been doing SW for 3 weeks and half lost 9.5lb. I have stopped keeping an MFP food diary because I know I'm eating a high amount of calories and I think logging those would make me anxious. I keep a general food diary to hand in to my consultant but if you stick to plan and eat mainly free foods, there isn't really much need to weigh and measure things. I'm not doing much body magic at the moment just because I've got a lot going on at work.

One tip I would say - use healthy extras wisely! I used to think using them would be a chore or it would be cereal and milk every day but they are life savers! Using my healthy extras has allowed me to have things like mini pizzas or tuna melt toasties which would be a no no on most other diets. Never underestimate the ability of cheese to spruce up a recipe!