FROM 282 POUNDS TO 151 WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES AND A STORY....

Options
mart001
mart001 Posts: 194 Member

Hello,

Some people asked me how my maintenance is going. So far, so good. So far over 7 months and doing great.
I was worried as I heard that it was worse than the actual losing, but so far for me, I have not found that to be true. I guess alot is because I really did not change much once I got to maintenance. I eat basically eat the same things, still log my foods thru mfp, still walk about the same. My dr and I decided that 152-155 pounds would be good, so I went to 150 pounds leaving me a few pounds to play with. So what I do now, is I am good until I get to 150, then I can have a reward by going to have a meal I like as a treat. So then if I gain a pound or 2, its no big deal as I am still in the range my Dr wants me, and then I am just good again until I get down to 150 again, then its time for my reward. I like doing it that way, being under my goal, maybe be a little bad, and gain some and am at my goal, instead of being at my goal, eat bad and go over, and have to lose to get back to it. I think alot of people feel, ok I reached my goal, and now I can eat whatever I want. Not true at least for me.

That is why I am still on mfp. I know I need to stay accountable. I will not be one of those I see on here that get to their goal, and are back a year later having gained ithw21xgd4ailw.jpg
all back, plus some.It's not that hard when you remember how you felt when you were at a higher weight both physically and emotionally. I think that has been the biggest thing for me, remembering the embarrassment and people laughing, that keeps me so strong now and using that to make sure I never feel that way again. I use to go to a pancake house prior to my diet maybe 3 times a week. The employees knew what I ordered as it never changed.
In fact, when I walked in, they would just yell Marty is here, and the cooks would just make what I liked. I kept in touch with them on the phone or facebook and said I can not comeback until I get to my goal as much as I missed seeing them and loved the food. Well, a week ago after 20 months, I went back and actually being nervous. I walked in and again last seeing me at 282 pounds and a 48 waist, and now seeing me at 150 pounds and a 32 waist, they couldn't believe it. It was so nice to hear all the positive stuff. I ordered what I used to order, but the senior size, just a little smaller, and as expected gained a little the next day, but it was ok. I was under control, did not eat enough for like 3 people, and went right back on my usual controlled eating the next day looking forward to losing the little I gained so I can come back again next week. By the way, the food was just as good as I remembered... I was pretty much happy eating what I ate while losing, so really did not change much, but now I get to throw in an occasional treat, seems to make it easy. I never in my life thought I would hear, enough, you are getting to skinny, but have heard that from a bunch of people now. So yes, things were miserable when I started and it was not always easy, but if I did not take that step to begin, I never would have been where I am now. The best thing anyone did for me was to tell me about mfp, it really changed my life. Again, I started at 282 pounds 21 months ago, and am sure if I never toook that step to start, I have no doubt that today I would be well over 300 pounds, if alive at all, since I had 2 previous strokes and probably on my way to a 3rd. So whether you are getting close to your goal, 1/2 way there, or just beginning, stay strong. You can get there.
To me, I just got to the point that I wanted to lose that pound the next day, more than I wanted that slice of pizza or cake. Here are a few before and after picture, with the suit being taken today although not as clear as I would of liked, but it does the job....

805sqplmxu62.jpeg
dsg0nweoospn.jpg
4okhokvorqs9.jpg
hw21xgd4ailw.jpg

bvttj2yyas7q.jpg

Feel free to add me as a friend!!!!

Replies

• pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great, and your story is inspirational. Thank you :)
  • juliegreg2010
    juliegreg2010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic. I bet you feel that way too. Great job
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal, and I really enjoyed reading your story. Congratulations for your hard work and dedication - I’m really glad that you found a happy place weight-wise, and the change has been so positive for you overall. It’s wonderful that you still fit in some yummy pancakes too :smile: . Everything in moderation is the best mantra. I wish you all the best! :smile:
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Just like you maintenance has been pretty easy for me.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!! Congratulations!!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Such an amazing accomplishment!
  • TrevorSundberg
    TrevorSundberg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice job! What a transition you've made.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. You look wonderful and I'm glad to see that you've kept it off. That's one of my fears but I guess if I continue to eat healthy and keep within my calories I'll be ok. Down 18 lbs with 50 more to go. You're an inspiration.
  • seche0911
    seche0911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look great and your story is very inspiring!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Wow incredible transformation
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to keep going! Amazing! Thank you for posting up.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great success story Marty! Wow, a 32 inch waist. I haven't had that since high school!
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Rocking that suit! Pretty hot for an older dude! Good job!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I hope you are proud of the work you've done!
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, you are amazing Marty! I bet you can breathe better, hurt less, and have lots more energy! Congrats! Enjoy all that you have worked so hard for!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great and happy. You have the right attitude for continued success.
  • tintinsaab
    tintinsaab Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, Marty. One of my worries is not losing the weight soon (now 51) as I know how much harder it gets when you are older. When I was younger it seemed to melt away more quickly, whereas now it's so much harder just to lose a few pounds.

I also think the effect on your health of being overweight really comes into play as you get older. I get out of breath more easily and worry about my blood pressure etc. I have about 40lbs to lose so your story is very inspiring to me. Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!