Too much whey?

Options
Is it a bad thing to take 3 servings of whey protein a day to reach my protein goal?

Sounds a bit odd I know, but I prefer to only eat meat with my dinner, not otherwise much. I'd much rather have a bowl of porridge for breakfast instead of eggs and sausages for example. I used to drink a glass of milk with each of my meals, and then I thought, why not replace the milk with vanilla whey? The calories are the same pretty much, and I get to meet my protein goal without changing my meals too much.

Also, I've decided to start logging again and making full use of the site (not just the forums) after trying to stop counting calories (which didn't work - surprise surprise). Company is welcome. So FR me if you wish, if not, that's fine too. Just, well, don't bother going too far back in my diary, I haven't logged anything for like a month or more.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    It's not bad, no.

The associated protein flatulence is.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    It's not bad, no.

Good thing I don't get it then... :smiley:

My brand of whey has stuff in it that helps you digest it better.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    It's not bad, no.

OMG, that explains so much - I didn't know about that and was wondering what was going on, hah!
  • Leana088
    Options
    It's not bad, no.

OMG, that explains so much - I didn't know about that and was wondering what was going on, hah!

Yes - its lovely. Lol.

I tend to get it more from eggs than my protein shake though. Which is why no eggs for brekkie. The people around me will have a horrible day..
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    I had to stop in the middle of my first (and so far only) yoga class because of that, very embarrassing!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use a Quest bar or protein powder to help up my protein. But since I'm adding meat back into my diet, I should have an easier time of it. :smile: I also like using cottage cheese and plain Greek yogurt. And edamame. I could eat all the edamame.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Quest bars, greek yoghurt and edamame are not available where I live. I do like cottage cheese though. ;)
    I use a Quest bar or protein powder to help up my protein. But since I'm adding meat back into my diet, I should have an easier time of it. :smile: I also like using cottage cheese and plain Greek yogurt. And edamame. I could eat all the edamame.

• krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Quest bars, greek yoghurt and edamame are not available where I live. I do like cottage cheese though. ;)

Boo! Though, I do often times wish they carried cottage cheese is bigger containers. For some reason I like the low fat cottage cheese and could eat a whole tub.

Maybe it's good those sizes might not exist. haha.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I used to take 2 scoops in the morning everyday because i'm a vegetarian and i was literally killing myself trying to eat "high protein only" vegetarian foods. Especially faux meats/dairy. By doing that I was able to just eat what i wanted the rest of the day without worrying about hitting my goal.

Best of luck to you!

OH, BTW: the reason i stopped is because i was having bloating/constipation and i got to the point where even smelling protein powder made me want to vomit. Think about doing it every, single, day, for 12+ months. NOPE NOPE NOPE
  • Leana088
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I used to take 2 scoops in the morning everyday because i'm a vegetarian and i was literally killing myself trying to eat "high protein only" vegetarian foods. Especially faux meats/dairy. By doing that I was able to just eat what i wanted the rest of the day without worrying about hitting my goal.

Best of luck to you!

OH, BTW: the reason i stopped is because i was having bloating/constipation and i got to the point where even smelling protein powder made me want to vomit. Think about doing it every, single, day, for 12+ months. NOPE NOPE NOPE

Hahaha! Luckily the one I use is pretty good. Expensive, but worth every penny. It tastes just like milk to me, even though I only mix it with water. Also, it's not as thick as most of the cheaper ones. And the digestive stuff in it really helps a lot. No bloating/gas whatsoever. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Best of luck to you!

Hahaha! Luckily the one I use is pretty good. Expensive, but worth every penny. It tastes just like milk to me, even though I only mix it with water. Also, it's not as thick as most of the cheaper ones. And the digestive stuff in it really helps a lot. No bloating/gas whatsoever. :)

You could be eating the most delicious icecream in the world. eat it every single day, and i guarantee you will get tired of it. aleast thats how it works for me.

haha, but if it's working for you, keep on going!
  • Leana088
    Options

Best of luck to you!

You could be eating the most delicious icecream in the world. eat it every single day, and i guarantee you will get tired of it. aleast thats how it works for me.

Yeah that's true. Generally I enjoy routine though. With my diet too. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If I get tired of the vanilla flavor after 12 months I'll swop it for the chocolate brownie/strawberry cupcake flavor. :lol:
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    2 scoops mid afternoon and another 2 scoops mid evening.I've been doing it for years.I like to mix it thick and eat it like mousse.
  • Leana088
    Options

Best of luck to you!

Yeah that's true. Generally I enjoy routine though. With my diet too. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If I get tired of the vanilla flavor after 12 months I'll swop it for the chocolate brownie/strawberry cupcake flavor. :lol:

Or I'll do what I did to another brand I bought a while ago, wasn't too tasty. So I just pinched my nose and swallowed as quickly as possible. It was in me - but I never tasted it. Lol
  • Leana088
    Options
    canoepug wrote: »
    2 scoops mid afternoon and another 2 scoops mid evening.I've been doing it for years.I like to mix it thick and eat it like mousse.

I've tried to microwave it once. Turned out like a chewy cake texture. It was really weird...
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    After learning about the flatulence, no more whey protein for me, hah!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    canoepug wrote: »
    Greek yogurt and cake batter whey has the consistency and taste of cake batter. Just cake batter that's crammed full of protein and has relatively few calories. I'm pretty onboard with it.

• Leana088
    Options
    After learning about the flatulence, no more whey protein for me, hah!

As you wish. ;) But I'd rather find a brand that my stomach can handle than eat chicken breast 3 times a day.

In case you're wondering - because I'm a shorty and my calories are quite low. So I don't have a lot of room :)