And so the journey begins, AGAIN!

Options
My name is Anita and I am 40 years old. I have 2 daughters, 2 grandkids, 2 furbabies (my dog and my ferret) and a grandfurbaby (my daughter’s puppy)! This is not my first time using myfitnesspal, but I am starting all over. Let me start off by saying that although I have always been a very active person, I have never been “skinny”! I spent my childhood as a larger child and my adulthood as a plus size woman. In no way do I think that my weight makes me “ugly” but I am mindfull that I am not a size 2! I can’t stand to see a plus size woman walking around in clothes in sizes that are obviously made for someone much smaller.

My weight loss mission is not backed by my desire to be “skinny” but definately to become healthy. I have had my share or medical issues over the years, what 40 year old hasn’t. Yes, my weight has been a factor in some of my issues and I have sat and listened to my doctors tell me that I should lose weight, and I have tried. I have tried many, many, many times. Sometimes I was successful and other times well… let’s just not talk about those lol! I always seem to get stuck in this… “Yes, I am going to diet and exercise and lose weight”… but then that doesn’t last very long and I am back to “Ahhhhh well maybe next time will be the right time”! Results never come fast enough and I give into the temptations of my favorite foods such as starches, sodas, pastas, sugars, pastries and so on!

Honestly, I don’t really know what is going to make this time any different but I am going to give it a try. I’m not perfect and I can accept that, but that doesn’t mean I can’t try! So here I am again, starting my journey for the umpteenth time, wish me luck as I wish you all luck! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help support each other!

Replies

• missliss4763
    missliss4763 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I'm right there with you girl =) One day at a time
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Imo you need to change or clarify your approach ot you will get the same result.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Is a quote I like, probably not even by Einstein. Make this attempt different and learn how to be effective.
    If you master how to create a deficit, how to sustain it and then rinse and repeat you will lose weight from now to your goal.

Health was the major reason I started and havent really looked back, improving my health from couch potato to someone who is much fitter faster stronger is as importnat as losing weight for me.

At some point in your thinking you move from the dieting now to the maybe next time. Have a look at how to deal with that situation and keep yourself on track. Progress and results are motivating for me. Its a very mental game.

The basics of dieting you cna find here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm back after a long break. Originally lost 120lbs, had baby 1, gained 40 lbs, had baby 2, lost 5lbs and here I am.
  • ilovejoedirt
    ilovejoedirt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :p