When I look in the mirror..

farewellantic
farewellantic Posts: 27
edited September 27 in Success Stories
...I look beautiful. I have come to learn that I may weigh 219 lbs, but as it is coming off, I have learned to love myself. I think that is one of the very best things you can do for yourself.

I was in the shower and got out, put lotion all over, and grunted at the pieces of me I don't like (stomach, thighs, no chin) I opened the door, got dressed and let the mirrors de-fog from my warm shower and started to brush my teeth. While brushing I realized that I feel good in my skin. I am very muscular. I can bench 250 and squat 375. For my weight and abilities, I actually look good.

I am just so happy that I have learned to love myself.

Sorry to rant, but I just felt like this was, infact a "Success Story".

And my small message to all, losing weight is easier when you love who you are, what you look like and when you just want to make the already wonderful you, better, healthier..

Never be afraid to be yourself.

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    A very inspiring success story as well! Good for you! :)
  • rebeccajoy
    rebeccajoy Posts: 45
    Very inspiring!!! Thank you for sharing!!! I like your "rant"! ;-)
    Great job and keep up the amazing work!
    Love your attitude!!!

Cheers!
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    thanks for that ;)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

This is a perfect success story that so many people need to have and come to realize. You are an inspiration and I'm happy for your accomplishments congrats!! =)
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    I feel the same! I've only lost 16 pounds, but I already feel like I look healthier and stronger. I can walk 9 miles in a day and I used to dread the walk through the parking lot to school.

Loving yourself is the most important part.
  • Asknetty
    Asknetty Posts: 2
    Thanks for the awesome rant, it's all very true, just remember on those "bad" days when you don't love yourself so much that it's just a bad day!! I've always struggled with my weight all my life and you go through good and bad phases but I always come back to loving me! So good on you for being able to embrace and release the bad :D Also some of your weight is muscle and muscle doesn't count! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND THANKS FOR SHARING!!! :drinker:
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    I hope that other people remember to think like you too. Thank you so much for a beautiful reminder of how we should live every day.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    You have a great attitude! Not to mention you are one strong woman! Isn't great to have those conscious moments of feeling good in your skin? You're inspirational and I hope you don't mind but I'm going to send you a friend request :)
  • Csprayz
    Csprayz Posts: 1
    I'm glad you posted this. I think it's good to remind ourselves we are not just trying to drop pounds or "get thin." We are trying to become healthier and what we should be focusing on dropping as we become healthier is any hate we carry for ourselves. Easier said than done, but still an important part of the process. Love in, love out. ;)

Thanks for this!
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Congrats on the 79lbs! It is so true--when you love yourself you want to nourish your body and take the best care of it you can. I don't envy the people who have never been overweight but hate themselves for having 5-10 extra lbs.
  • Thank you everybody. :) I am happy to inspire, but it really is something that we all forget to do on this journey of ours.
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Wow what a great way to put things into perspective!!! Whenever I'm feeling down about myself and my weight I'm definitely going to come back and read your post. Thanks again for making us all remember that no matter what we "look" like we are always beautiful. :)

4393113.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Loving yourself is the ultimate success.
    That's what we all need to learn along the way, and I struggle with this daily.
    It's a steep accomplishment to get to that place, so feel proud, feel beautiful, feel strong.

Thanks for the thoughts.
  • ironman1960
    ironman1960 Posts: 13
    Thanks for that reminder, I've lost 80 lbs and was obsessing over the little bit left to go... I'm 210 now. Mirrors and scales can be evil, I'm learning to listen to friends and family more often. They after all are the ones who REALLY see YOU. Keep strong!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!