Breakfast Ideas That Does Not Include Eggs

Options
mdt07
mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
I've become very good about having breakfast these days. But I would love some ideas on breakfast meal that doesn't include eggs.

Replies

• SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit is always delicious! Honestly sometimes I am in a rush and pop in 2 eggos and put a homemade strawberry and rhubarb spread on top. Both satisfy until I have a mid-morning snack.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat "breakfast" foods. I eat whatever is leftover from dinner the night before. For instance, this morning I had stir fried veggies with tofu.

When I have no leftovers a favorite quick breakfast is a goat cheese and pumpkin butter sandwich on a high fiber sandwich thin...beats pb&j for sure!
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
    Fruit
    Oatmeal
    Cereal
    Protein bar
    Protein pancakes
    Meat and grits
  • krlombardi
    krlombardi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite is an acai bowl. They sell the acai packs at Costco. Blend the pack with 1/2 banana, 3-4 ice cubes and 1/4 cup apple juice. Top with the other 1/2 banana, sliced, granola (I like Kind granola) and shredded coconut. Yum!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like lots of protein with a bit of fruit or veg in my breakfasts, so often will have a small beef or pork steak, thinly sliced and served with avocado over toast or wrapped in a whole grain tortilla. I also like turkey sausages or kielbasa cut up fine and scrambled with brown rice and veggies; I generally toss it on top of a bowl of baby spinach leaves and mix it all together with a shot of soy sauce.

Like an earlier poster, I also eat a lot of leftovers from the night before; recently had chicken and rice with sweet potatoes and broccoli for breakfast.

Oatmeal is also a go-to, with or without protein powder. If you love oatmeal, you must check out this lady's recipes for hot or cold, overnight, stovetop, or oven baked, sweet or savoury oats: http://www.theoatmealartist.com/recipe-index/recipe-list-a-z/ .

• JSWANN31
    JSWANN31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. . But they don't Love me at all. They cause severe stomach pain for me. I will generally not even eat breakfast until really late because I just don't know what to eat. . Lol
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Toast an English muffin, top each half with a slice of tomato and Swiss cheese. Broil (or microwave if short on time) until cheese it melted and begins to brown.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I also like morningstar farms maple "sausage" patty on a a toasted mini bagel.
  • SNOTMONKEY
    SNOTMONKEY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Any decent cereal with lite vanilla almond milk
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Shakes or smoothies. Protein powder, Ice, water, and a banana or berries. Although i dont like using blueberries in mine, they always seem to remain chunky with the skins all clumping up at the top. You can add peanut butter or milk or yogurt as well. It's usually under 250 calories and it gets something into your stomach. It's easy to make, easy to eat (drink) and its easy to digest. I make mine last minute and drink it on the way to work. I do prefer to eat an actual meal on my off days tho.
  • swimminginseattle
    swimminginseattle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Porridge
    Biscuits (w/ jam, w/ gravy)
    Biscuit sandwich
    Pancakes (oatmeal, buttermilk, blueberry, ect)
    Granola
    Banana bread
    Zucchini bread
    Yogurt
    Cottage cheese w/ fruit
    Fruit salad
    Hash-browns
    Corned beef hash
    Bacon sandwich w/ tomato
    Fritters
    Coffee Cake
    Fruit
    English muffins

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Bacon and bacon.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I just made a scrummy smoothie / chocolate shake 269 cals
    Almond milk, tbsp Nutella, tbsp peanut butter and half a banana
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding. I love eggs and my little one loves eggs but I have been trying to add other types of things for variety and had hit a wall with my creativity.
  • adeleon7
    adeleon7 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thank you!