Sweet potato recipes, please;)

Options
124»

Replies

• SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Recently, I put one through my zoodle-maker (can do the same with a grater) and put it on a waffle iron. It kind of made a sweet potato hash-brown. It was pretty tasty!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I like to peel, dice and "fry" them with onions, add bacon/sausage/ham and put an egg on top! Yum!
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sugar on veggies - ewwww...nasty!

When you bake them like a jacket potato do you also eat the skin?? I love that part of regular baked potato when it crisps up but not sure sweet potato does the same?

Those who "noodle" them...treat just like courgette??

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sugar on veggies - ewwww...nasty!

When you bake them like a jacket potato do you also eat the skin?? I love that part of regular baked potato when it crisps up but not sure sweet potato does the same?

Those who "noodle" them...treat just like courgette??

I agree with you 100% that sugar on vegetables is utterly disgusting and for YEARS I believed I hated sweet potatoes because the first and only time I ate them they were drowning in brown sugar and melted marshmallows!

And to answer your first question, YES, I always eat the skins on sweet potatoes (and any other kind of potatoes) in my opinion that's the best part! :)
  • cadillaccowboy
    cadillaccowboy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cook the sweet potato, mash and use instead of potato mash as topping on shepherd's pie - delicious!
  • emmyjo1981
    emmyjo1981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sweet and spicy sweet potato bites: heat oven to 425, cube potatoes in bite sized (think one inch by one inch) pieces, in a ziploc bag combine 2 tsp chili powder, a pinch of red cayenne pepper (or more than a pinch, depending on how spicy you want it), 1 tbsp packed brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cumin....add the potatoes and shake, shake, shake until the cubes are covered. Place potatoes on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes...I love these!!!
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love sweet potatoes anyway you can fix 'em

My favorite is sweet potato gnocchi but I haven't trieda king a clean version yet.
    *Baked
    *french fries - lil sea salt and bake til tender inside, brown on outside
    *sweet potato soup- lots of clean recipes on Pinterest
    *Roasted with veggies
    *sweet potato hash
    *sweet potato pancakes - great breakfast treat with cinnamon and nutmeg

• lolitamaneata
    lolitamaneata Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://yourhealthista.com/post/11100206430/soup-4-of-25-spicy-coconut-and-sweet-potato

This is the best soup I've ever made. Definitely add the chicken sausage like it says and double the curry paste because red curry paste is delicious.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Here's another slow cooker "recipe" that I never thought to try. "Baking" sweet potatoes in the crockpot: http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/08/16/slow-cooker-baked-sweet-potatoes/
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do a roasted sweet potato and carmelized onion hash.