I ate over 4000 calories today....

Options
what do I do?!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Go to bed, sleep, get up tomorrow and eat to suit your goals. Don't stress about something you've already done... Stress isn't good for weight loss :p
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Accept it and just move on and do better tomorrow and stay in a deficit. It happens. I bet it tasted good, lol. No worries, we all trip a little now and again.
    What is your recomended daily calories?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    darien1013 wrote: »
    what do I do?!

What can you do? Who cares really. It happens.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Move on. :)
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Or you could go out and exercise half of them off. In either case, move on and realize you set your goals back a few days.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    It happens. Log it and move on.

Was it good stuff? I'm asking for a friend. ;)
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Or you could go out and exercise half of them off.

lol....doing what?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Or you could cry yourself to sleep, be depressed tomorrow, and eat another 4,000 calories, telling yourself, "I'M NEVER GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT!"
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed them. The standard procedure is to log them and avoid exceeding your calorie allowance again if possible.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Or you could cry yourself to sleep, be depressed tomorrow, and eat another 4,000 calories, telling yourself, "I'M NEVER GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT!"

Wait. What's a bad idea right?
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well Smith it would depend on what it was that equaled the 4000 cals. Now if its potatoe chips sour cream and peanuts, I may come and cry with them and help them eat it.
    No worries, tomorrows a new day and you know where the mistake was.
  • thursdayswoman
    thursdayswoman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Recognize that you've taken a stemp by acknowledging that these were not good choices, take a deep breath, and try again tomorrow.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Some days, 4000 still leaves me in deficit.

It ain't The End.

Tomorrow is another day, right ...
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Let ye who is without bingeing......Blessings.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So? If it put you over your maintenance for the week, expect a potential blip in your loss. If it didn't put you over your maintenance for the week, expect a slower loss. It's one damned day.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm probably gonna end up with that many today. Won't affect much in the grand scheme of things. I let myself pig out on Saturday evenings and carry on the next day. Don't stress. Back at it tomorrow.
  • sepaterson87
    sepaterson87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    first of all - thank you so much for sharing this - it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one.

Second - I've had a couple of pretty significant overeating days since I started. These have probably slowed down my progress, BUT NONE of them have made me gain weight. The most important is to accept that this has happened and then renew your resolve to get back on track the next day.

For me the trick with these days is to LOG EVERYTHING (even though it makees you feel a bit *kitten*). It sounds like you've already done this, so that in itself is a massive achievement.

Another thing I found really helpful was to identify reasons why I stuffed up (too tired, bored, cold, too much cake in the house). Once you identify the factors that contribute to your overeating it's easier to eliminate them or, at the very least to identify them next time. (I'm getting better at putting myself to bed when I'm tired instead of munching in the kitchen.

I quite like writing, so I have a habit of sending myself e-mails including, acknowledgement that I've made a mistake , a disccussion of how it makes me feel, identification of the likely causes to watch out for in the future, and a resolution (i.e. to stay on track for the next five days) and reasons why I want to do this.

Then I can look at this during the week when I feel myself faltering.

Good luck for getting back on track tomorrow.

Thanks again for sharing!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    obviously you're going to explode in your sleep from over consumption.....
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    obviously you're going to explode in your sleep from over consumption.....

I'm close to my calorie limit today and was planning on a scotch binge. Re-thinking that now.