Options

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Well.

What's your TDEE/NEAT?

How big a surplus was 4K calories?

And, as in all indulgences....what choices will you make differently tomorrow?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Keep eating at a deficit... you'll make up for it in 3 days... not a big deal.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    forgive yourself, get back on track tomorrow, one day wont make that much difference, if you keep on that is when you get in trouble
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Take a big crap???
  • stellet_licht
    stellet_licht Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    keep going? you could make it to 6000
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    obviously you're going to explode in your sleep from over consumption.....

I'm close to my calorie limit today and was planning on a scotch binge. Re-thinking that now.

CICO - doesn't matter when you eat your calories, as long as they are less than you burn. Whatever works for you. Just as it doesn't matter when you fill up your gas tank, the gasoline won't burn until you use it. You can fill it up a gallon a day or seven gallons a week. As long as you don't use all of the gallons, you're at a deficit. ery wise

I'm close to my calorie limit today and was planning on a scotch binge. Re-thinking that now.

Very wise.
  • TinyRaccoon19
    TinyRaccoon19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Learn from it and move on. It's what you do everyday that matters not what you do one day :smile:
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    With such a small surplus, you have nothing to worry about. Just continue logging and prepare for a new day.

I don't know if you're a binger because it is fairly easy to eat 4000 calories of fatty goodness without stuffing yourself. If you are then figure out what you need to do so this won't happen again... Should I say that? Because there will still be days where you may exceed your goal.

I'm a serious binger. I gained 5 lbs in less than a week... I kept up with my calories... Those are 5 real pounds. I have been falling off and getting back on the horse since I started dieting last August...

It's only failure when you throw in the towel, so be a great example to yourself and others like me by not letting today deter you from your goals. Don't regret today, just learn from it, see what you can change, and move on.

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well, tell us what it was so we can eat vicariously through you.... I'm hungry!

It's all good. Nothing much you can do. We're so lucky to get a fresh start every day. :)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Very wise.

Apparently not. Partaking in scotch binge.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

if you SHARE it will all be okay. Let me go get a glass. LOL
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Meh, I ate over 3000 today. I'm logging it and going back to my deficit calories tomorrow. It was good, and I enjoyed it. I'm not going to regain the 85 pounds I've lost in one day. Don't give yourself a guilt trip over it. Log it, and move on. Just make sure it was worth it. ;) Nothing more annoying than eating that many calories for the day with food that wasn't even that good, lol.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”

― Mary Anne Radmacher

So try again tomorrow. :)
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bless this thread.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In every other aspect of your life, what do you do? YOU MOVE ON. You try to learn something and you move on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Log it and move on.

Yelp
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    > what do I do?!

Don't do that.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I ate about 3600 calories today... I have very awesome and supportive MFP buddies that are keeping me from crying in a corner about my binge today. I will just do my best tomorrow, and so will you!
  • Jimsterintexas
    Jimsterintexas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's water under the bridge. Tomorrow is another day.