Friends to discuss weight with

Options
Louz163
Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have not told any family or friends my weight as very ashamed that id let myself get to that state. The day i started my diet i was 224lbs. I decided 88-90lbs was my aim at the start of the year to lose. I started my better eating as i prefer it on the 2nd of Jan 2015 after a horrible picture of myself that was taking on the 27th of December. After i weighed myself this morning ive currently lost 37lbs almost half way there. I set myself to lose 45lbs by the 22 of June ( Holiday ) i would not only love to reach that by the date but hoping maybe a few wee extra pounds will be gone as well. I set the aim of 6lbs a month to lose & anything extra is a bonus. I feel these are helping me small targets to reach the overall one. As i still dont discuss my weight with anyone around me, friends on here going through the same would be great

Replies

• Cameronie
    Cameronie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good job. thats awesome.

11 months ago I was doing really good with the diet and exercise. down to a little under 210 and ooh so close to my next milestone goal of getting under 200... and then some B.S. happened and that was the end of that. :-P
    I've only recently finally gotten back into the habit of logging everything and sticking to the diet. I don't know how much I weigh now, because I'm afraid of just how big that number is going to be. haha. but on the bright side I've noticed that while previously when trying to put on a certain pair of basketball shorts, with a semi-permanent knot in the waist band string, It used to be like that episode of the simpsons' with Homer trying to put his pants on "The Eternal Struggle" hahaha. but now that is no longer the case. so yay for that. :-P
  • lieselmcgregor
    lieselmcgregor Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    :)
    It's great to see your progress. Well done.
    I don't talk about it with friends or family. I've done that in the past and I constantly felt pressure like every morsel I put in my mouth was being judged. I prefer using this I have goals and some accountability without the pressure.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    We have about the same goal/weight/timeframe/
    Add me if you'd like.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm here for support if needed. I started at the beginning of the year too! stay strong! Feeling really good now that spring is here!