Shirataki Noddles

Options
has anyone heard of them? do they taste good?

Replies

• PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to try them, but don't know where to buy them. Also I heard they have a weird smell...?
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i ordered one packet of miracle noodles from netrition to make sure i'd like them. very similar to chinese rice noodles, but they definitely need a strong sauce to give them flavor.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I tried them. I'm not a fan. The texture is weird. They're too chewy for me.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    I didn't like them... I just couldn't get past the rubbery texture.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to try them, but don't know where to buy them. Also I heard they have a weird smell...?

I found them at the regular grocery store next to the tofu. They do have a weird smell. You need to rinse them insanely well. Then boil them for 5 mins, drain and pat dry.
  • RainbowsAndButterflies
    Options
    http://www.miraclenoodle.com/ <---- you can order them
    http://www.miraclenoodle.com/store-locations.html <
    or pick them up :)

im thinking of trying them... i doubt they have 0 calories but im sure its not that much and i guess it'll feel like im eating carbs!
    do they fill you up?
  • RainbowsAndButterflies
    Options
    thx for the cooking tip... i thought i was just gunna pour hot water on them like cup o noddle lol
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Those aren't the ones I got. I got these:

shirataki.jpg
  • strawberry4419
    Options
    I ordered the noodles from Miracle Noodles but have not tried them yet. Instructions are to rinse them in cold water for 3-5 mins. Place in boiling water for 1 min. then drain on paper towels and dry thoroughly. States any moisture will cause bitter taste. Not suppose to cook them in a dish, just add them before eating. States cooking the noodles completely changes the texture.
  • RainbowsAndButterflies
    Options
    rubber texture! making me think twice! maybe ill get a pack just to try
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    I love them!! They have springy texture, but I don't mind that...I don't like mushy noodles. I sauteed a portabello mushroom, with some Braggs aminos (soy sauce), and added the noodles, they were really good, kind of like an Udon soup, but with less broth. I think it added up to under 100 calories too :smile:
  • RainbowsAndButterflies
    Options
    thx
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely amazing!!! You may substitute for any pasta dishes, it works well.
    It does have a weird smell, however I have discovered that after rinsing place in a bowl of ice cold
    water and the smell is completely gone(no need to boil).... Ready to prepare.
  • Chikeebabe
    Chikeebabe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After you rinse them for awhile put them in a hot pan and just keep tossing them to dry the water off. That seems to help. They are a bit chewy, but not too bad.