Working Overnight Logging Confusion

Options
I have my self all messed up with logging. I work overnight and have been for about a year now, with Monday-Wednesday off. Logging gets so confusing. Now I will be working 7 days a week overnight. How should I log my food? I go in at 11 pm and usually eat at like 8 or 9. I have a lunch at 2:00 am, get off at 6/7 am and go home and eat, then I sleep at around 12/1. So when I eat when I get off that should be logged as breakfast, and my meal before I go to work should be dinner, what about my lunch? When do I log that? I was logging my meal as I get off as dinner with my day starting at when I wake so my meal before work as breakfast but that's not working for me ... Someone help...

Replies

• dlasbridge2015
    dlasbridge2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should be the first meal you eat after waking up, thus "breaking" the "fast". Then so on with the rest of your day. I don't think time frames matter, just the order you eat them in. I used to work overnights too. I feel for you !
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you call your meals.
    Go into settings and change the names if that suits you better.
    Meal One. Meal Two. Meal Three. Whatever.
    MFP works on a 24 hour schedule. The start/end is midnight, based on your timezone.
    Whatever you eat between those hours will be counted as one day.
    Doesn't matter when you eat what.
    Log your food when you eat. Or as close to then as possible.
    Hope this helps.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My day is from when I wake up till I go to bed... it doesnt matter what time it is