Curb the cravings?!?

Options
How?? What are a few of the best tips to curb the cravings? So far I'm just staying as far away while staying in my home, as I can!! There's got to be a better solution!!:tongue:

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    When you feel a craving coming on, try one of these:

- drink a large glass of ice water
    - brush your teeth
    - chew gum
    - go for a 15 min walk to get your mind off it

I try to distract myself or have something minty in my mouth to make me not feel like eating whatever it is I'm craving.
  • tanyamg
    tanyamg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with those choices. When Im in the mood for something its either water or making tea. Something else I have been steadily doing, is keeping my Brita pitcher out on the counter full all the time, so I can just fill up my glass. Of course I do this though because I found I don't like cold cold water. Anyways hope that lists helps!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, tea is a great one too!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    SNAP YOURSELF WITH A RUBBER BAND! (NO...don't...I'm just kidding) I drink flavored water (Crystal Light), cup of hot bouillon, and chew gum during the day. I buy microwave popcorn at wholesale stores and have made it my go-to emergency food. Lately I've been going to bed a little bit earlier than usual because my time for cravings is the worst at night. I've had a good couple of days when I've been perfectly satisfied by my meals while being under on calories and the longer I am awake the less willpower I seem to have. Hope that helps!