5'11" and -40 lbs, 50 to go

Options
shannonbun
shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
It's amazing how 40 pounds gone on a large, 5'11" frame is pretty hard to see. The other day, I took a picture of my stomach and realized I was finally seeing progress in a pretty big way (at least, to me!). This is no where near finished, but I'm really liking my body again, and that feels awesome. I've never weighed this little in at least the last 7 years.

Tall girls, don't give up hope because it's not showing on your body in the first couple months. Keep going at it! I started early January, and these are from yesterday.

STATS:
5'11", 20 years old
Start: 273
Current: 232
Goal: 180

(hopefully the pictures post correctly!)

163g99z85dpw.jpeg
uwysclf9r9b3.png
3vjr08v7yqft.png38sh2b5maxof.jpg

Replies

• changingthefutureofmyhealth
    Options
    Awesome job! You are looking good!
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing!!!
  • lbukata
    lbukata Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And fist pump from a fellow tall girl; 5'10".
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sarasnowpn
    sarasnowpn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have very simular stats. I'm 5'11 and 237. I'm friend requesting you!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad I am not alone in finding it hard to see a difference. I am 5'10" and going through the same thing, have another 50ish pounds to lose.
  • riyakumar79
    riyakumar79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow you Luk awsum
  • donut0420
    donut0420 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So true about us tall girls with lerge frames - we can lose a bunch and no one (especially not us) seems to notice! I remember one night feeling super down about myself because I wasn't getting to my goals fast enough for me. My husband went in the kitchen, threw 2 1.5litre bottles of water in a bag and handed it to me. He said "That's what you've lost. If you're not proud of that, you're crazy.". Sometimes it helps to have little reminders. Your post is proof of what you can accomplish with hard work - you're looking great! Keep it up lovely!
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I told my soon-to-be mother in law that I've trying to lose weight for the wedding and she told me that when I get to 20lbs lost I'm going to look like a model (LOL).... The I told her that I've lost 30 already. She didn't believe me.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about losing a ton of weight but not being able to see a difference because of height! It's annoying but I guess it's good that we can hide gaining weight better too? Anyway, congratulations on your loss, you look fabulous :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You are on your way. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!