Binge eating

Options
Right now i feel lost because I have been counting calories for a year on and off but I always seem to binge eat and gain the weight ive lost. I have already tried to slow down the process by losing only .5 lbs per week but i cant manage to do that. I just want to lose ten lbs but i need motivation!!

Replies

• mayaharcourt
    mayaharcourt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat. I've been binging for over 3 years. BED is hard. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about food, calories, weight loss, exercise... why did I eat all that crap? ... How did I eat all that? ... I feel so gross, disgusting, full...

I've been gaining weight all year from stress-eating mostly. I want to lose 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks, which I hope is a reasonable goal. I know I'm capable of losing weight if I really commit, and I know you can too!

One thing I've learned from my experience is that if I count calories and I exercise, I lose weight. I know it's been said a million times before, but it works! Especially when I feel a binge coming on, I know I can't forget to keep track of the calories as I eat. It's usually binge days that I don't count because I'm so ashamed. Most likely, we'll see the numerical value of the food we're binging on and it'll motivate us to put it down.

I'd love to be your accountability buddy to stop binging and lose 10 lbs.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your height, weight age, gender, and calories you're eating etc. we can not offer advice.
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your stories are very similar to mine. I've been feeling like I need someone to be accountable with to help stop my evening binges. Ive lost 20 this year but in April my weight loss has stalled because of binges. Friend me for support.
  • as9823
    as9823 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's all about mindset. If you can ever convince yourself of this you'll be fine. Easier said than done I know!!!! jezv8407w146.jpg
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    At some point you just have to decide what you want more...results or that which does not take you to your goal. I schedule once a week cheat meals into my diet. Always Saturday night (usually family date night or date with wifey). These meals have been epic...ordering 2 dinners for example...but they don't have to be. Schedule a once a week cheat meal...and stay clean all week. Remember...cheat meal not cheat day!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now." ~ Zig Ziglar

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/how-to-break-free-from-binge-eating/
  • Beccajayn
    Beccajayn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been a binge eater as long as I can remember. Like I'm talking preteens. I started on MFP in November. My diary is only open to my closest friends because I want to be able to be totally honest without pressure. I write EVERYTHING I eat. I mean EVERYTHING. Of course I want to lose weight, but when I started my goal was to write everything down, and evaluate my eating, and come up with a plan. I had a couple of binges at first. I wrote down everything I ate after I got done. My last binge happened in January when I started eating and made myself write it bite by bite as I ate it. It was only half a binge, and it took the power out of the binge to write it while I was doing it. Since then when I feel it coming on I eat one thing and go log it, and the binge passes. I didn't even notice that I wasn't binging until last week. I feel so much better, and have more energy without that unhealthy habit.