Homemade Balsamic Salad Dressing

Options
ash_sz
ash_sz Posts: 6 Member
Hi Everyone,

I had a request from a MFP friend to share a simple, clean balsamic dressing I make for my salads all the time.
You can obviously play around with the measurements to your liking (more or less oil, vinegar, etc.)

For one serving of salad I do:
1/2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 squeeze or 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard (I use simply organic brand, if you can find it)
I also like to add fresh cracked peper and a touch of sea salt, sometimes a dash of garlic powder if I have time.
If I am having a sweeter salad with fruit, it's also nice to add a pinch of brown sugar.

If you try it out, let me know what you think!

Replies

• chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @ashley_barber Hi -- I just saw your recipe for this dressing. I have been trying to find a salad dressing that doesn't kill the calories in a salad. I am trying this tonight. Thank you for sharing!
  • insideoutgirl
    insideoutgirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    White balsamic vinegar is really good too. It's sweeter so no need for sugar.
  • MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use white balsamic also. I get it at Trader Joe's. I use 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp white balsamic, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper to taste. You can add a little water if needed. Really tasty, and it makes enough to dress a pretty big salad.
  • swimminginseattle
    swimminginseattle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is close to above...I make a batch 1/2:1/2 cup, in a blender add shallot (or garlic), Dijon, S & P, champagne vinegar, then drizzle in the olive oil while blending.

An optional addition is an oz of Parmigiano-Reggiano - ooolala
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I make the same thing, except I use lemon juice instead of balsamic vinegar
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This recipe is similar to mine, but I make a big batch to last for two weeks and add lemon juice, crushed garlic cloves, dried oregano and basil. The balsamic really is key because of its sweetness, and I use white balsamic.
  • cortsky
    cortsky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here, only I use a tiny bit of honey instead of sugar.