No more antacids!

Options
I used to have to take tums or some other pill at least every other day due to heartburn. But since I've been on MFP (nearly two months now) and reducing both calories and weight, there's only been one day when I needed to take anything and that was after a Mexican meal with much salsa! What a miraculous change and side benefit.

Replies

• jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great job! I think its these victories that make losing weight worth it rather than the number on the scale.
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    And your stomach is thanking you, along with your body- no doubt! :) That's awesome! :)
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean - as soon as I cut out all fast food my indigestion/heartburn went away.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! I have bad-*kitten* acid reflux... 2 acid pills a day, and usually a Pepcid Complete before bed. :( Hope I get that side effect!!!!
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me, pretty much everyday i had heartburn! i've only had it twice in almost a month and it was because i had tomato sauce (that seems to always get me).
  • ironman1960
    ironman1960 Posts: 13
    Options
    Agree with the others here, once the fat is gone, so are the antacids. Rarely ever touch em anymore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!