Finally submitted to losing weight!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Lerlene I have always been against dieting, but this new app is different, I love the fact that I am not dieting but being mindful and aware of my food intake, which is a much better and realistic approach. I know I can cope using this method, I shall get my daughter registered too as we are both overweight and need to improve our food intake awareness. I had no idea there was so much salt in eggs for example, or that the way I prepare my boiled basmati rice can have a big impact on the calories I consume. This is a good thing for all concerned if we can commit the time to update and monitor our progress! Good luck to everyone x

Replies

• scrunchy1
    scrunchy1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I had the same realization about how I prepare my meals. I still eat the foods I love but I measure everything and when cooking I make sure my meals don't have huge amounts of fat and salt. I still allow for pizza or whatever I'm craving on cheat days. I've been at this for 3 weeks and am noticing the positive changes about how I eat and my weight
  • Serendipitous_Life
    Serendipitous_Life Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MFP is the BEST app... it is definitely eye opening! :) You're absolutely correct that making a lifestyle change is a better/more effective path than plain old dieting - good luck to you also!!
  • psychedoc2
    psychedoc2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all..I am a newbie to mfp... I have tried to lose weight and be more active (as me and my partner are trying for a baby) but so far I have not been successful . Primarily because I rarely get the time to gym or exercise and partly because I am weak willed and end up eating far too many biscuits and other unhealthy foods instead of proper meals during the day.

I am looking for friends and support to achieve my goal and share my achievemnt assuming I have any