is it possible to lose 10lb in 2 weeks?

Options
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has lost 10lb or close to that in 2 weeks?

I have cut out alot over the last few days. Sugar, cakes, crisps, junk food...basically everything!
I haven't weighed myself so I don't know exactly how much I have lost. Its only been 3 days since i started this diet and I can feel a big difference already! My clothes, especially my jeans, dont feel super tight anymore. My face looks less puffy and I feel good within in myself.
This is what i have been eating the last 3 days:

I am eating fruit with green tea for breakfast.
Plain salads for lunch with no dressing at all.
Hienz vegetable Soup and a brown roll for dinner.
If i am peckish or crave something sweet i will have a snack pack of seedless red grapes from marks and spencers.

I have also been walking up and down 5 flights of stairs in work plus the escalaters on the undergrond tube.

What is the most anyone has lost in 2 weeks. If i am seeing results now then i cant wait to see my results in 2 weeks time.

Soy x

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    A person who has a lot to loose could easily loose that much. I dropped about 5 pounds my first week and have lost 9 in the last month. But I also was tired all of the time and unable to focus on daily tasks.I started out trying to stick to a calorie goal (1200) that was unrealistic for me for long term success. Then I started using MFP and following the guidelines set by that and my Fitbit. I feel much better and like what I am doing now is reasonable and has a better chance of success. I still enjoy chocolate and desserts on a daily basis, so no feeling deprived. Your plan seemed even more extreme than what I was doing pre-MFP. How many calories are you actually eating? Are you logging food or just guessing? What is your BMR? TDEE?

Based on your profile it does not look like you need to loose very much. So smaller losses will be a lot more noticeable. You may have lost much less than 10 pounds but for you it will still be significant.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Is there an event you are trying to lose for that happens in 2 weeks? Wedding, or holiday, or something of that nature?

That is a lot of weight to lose in a short amount of time, it's very unlikely you would be successful without a significant amount of total weight to lose, and anything you do lose in that time will be mostly water weight.

What you said you are eating sounds like very few calories, and it sounds completely unsustainable for a long term approach.

Everyone is always excited to see immediate results but why not take a long term sustainable approach to weight loss?
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    With only 17lbs to lose total, 10lbs in two weeks is very unrealistic. Think six months. Sure someone could easily lose 10lbs very quickly, but most of it will be water weight and it will come right back as soon as you revert back to the foods you ate previously. It isn't actual fat loss. Most of the foods you are eating now are lower in sodium, so you will be retaining less water, that water comes out and you lose weight on the scale. The bloating goes down and your pants fit better, but in the end there really isn't any significant fat loss. You would need to run a true caloric deficit of 35,000 calories in two weeks to lose 10lbs. Unless you are morbidly obese, running that kind of deficit would require working out a lot and not eating anything. Simply not possible.

Also, don't expect the weight to lose in the first week to continue on in to week two and beyond. As the first weeks loss is mostly water, once it is gone the weight loss will slow.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Start eating a zero to 20 carb diet.... In 2 weeks you should lose 10 to 14 lbs.... This will be a classic water weight loss. Understand if you go off this diet you will gain back that 10 to 14 pounds in 2 weeks or less.
  • NexStar3
    NexStar3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible. In the last 2 weeks I've lost 8.4 lbs. I am eating SCD. (Only foods with mono saccharides.) This is not a fad diet for me, but a lifestyle change for health reasons. Still learning what is legal to eat. I work a physical job so I eat often & lots! I run with my dog in the evenings. (not a lot but enough) I am 13.6 lbs from goal weight and I am hypothyroid. (Bugger to lose weight!!!)
  • NexStar3
    NexStar3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!! And try this for a great healthy sweet snack http://elanaspantry.com/pecan-shortbread-cookies/