I ate over 4000 calories today....

Options
13»

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day every now and then, just make certain they're few and far between. Tomorrow will be a brand new day.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Get back on track tomorrow.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    I can't remember who said it but I Quote: " I log everything, good, bad or ugly, every day. The thing to remember is, your body logs all the food you eat, whether you choose to put it in your diary or not. So there is no reason not to log it. Your food diary is a tool to help you keep track of what you are eating, with an aim toward achieving your goal ( a calorie deficit if trying to lose weight vs. maintain or gain). The only way that this tool is useful is if you record everything you eat as completely and accurately as you possibly can.
    The trick is to start...and then to continue.
    "

The real trick is to look back at the day(s) and try to pick out what the trigger was that caused you to Binge and then use that knowledge to move forward. Maybe you were so focused during the week that you were eating under your calorie goal and had built up a huge craving for more calories. Average your CICO over the week and its not going to be a big deal.

Examine it, learn from it. Flip the page and move on.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Log it and LET IT GOOOO....
  • Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Like Others have said just log it, But I don't agree on letting it go. You should go walk/workout for a 3 hours tomorrow to try burning some of the calories and do a small fast tomorrow
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    Make your exercise fun. Then you will want to spend more time doing it. Secondarily, you're not eating when you are exercising. Just entertain more exercise activities than you entertain eating activities. But don't feel guilty; it will just make you eat more.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Kidzfun wrote: »
    Like Others have said just log it, But I don't agree on letting it go. You should go walk/workout for a 3 hours tomorrow to try burning some of the calories and do a small fast tomorrow

Why do a fast and a three hour walk? That can possibly lead to another binge. There's no reason to fast and increase exercise. You have to eat 3500 calories above maintenance to gain a pound. OP will likely not gain anything from this but water weight. There is no reason for her to punish herself because she went over her calories for the day. That can just lead to it happening again. That's why people say log it and move on. Doing it your way would start an unhealthy cycle in most people. If she wants to exercise a bit more today, fine, but there's no reason to exercise AND fast. That's just asking for trouble.

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    darien1013 wrote: »
    what do I do?!

Stop eating so much.
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This thread has been very informative. 3500 =1 lb gain. Good to know, especially if we go over slightly. No need to be so hard on ourselves. It's most likely the ones NOT paying attention to CICO that get in trouble. Blessings.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Ack, NO. Don't "punish" yourself with a fast and a workout, and please, don't even go down the road of thinking that's an appropriate response. I had a dear friend who had a binge eating disorder that moved into exercise/fasting bulimia and this really worries me.

Sure, if you have time or the desire, do something extra fun and active the next day. Sure, maybe go a LITTLE BIT lighter, as you feel comfortable (and you just may, as your extra food today may make you less hungry tomorrow)

But, a day of overeating is neither sin nor crime. Don't feel bad, don't beat yourself up, don't punish yourself with purging, be it with vomiting, laxatives, exercise, or fasting. Just move on.

And, if you have that Scotch? Do pour me one. Neat, please.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Every time I've gone over that much, I log it and remind myself I probably used to eat that much the majority of the week resulting in my weight gain to begin with. One day of over indulgence is not going to ruin your weight loss plan unless you allow it to morph into an everyday thing.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Your approach sounds similar to exercise bulimia and disordered approaches are not something to recommend to another person.