struggling to start again

Options
I had a good year last year despite the scale not moving body fat percentage steadily decreased. I did three obstacle course runs.

In December I had a tubal ligation and it took about six weeks to be cleared again for exercise. I ate very poorly during that time because carb rich comfort foods seemed to not destroy my digestive system.

In March I was getting back on track.

Then i sprained my elbow which ended weight lifting and even running. Who knew how important an elbow was?

The thing is I'm just beyond frustrated at the lack of motivation I feel. I need to get over this malaise I feel .

How do you push past these times in your life?

Replies

• discoveringmyjoy
    discoveringmyjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've had a rough few months! For me I revisit my goals, feel good about how far I've come or how far I have not slid backwards. I start reading inspirational stuff, make small goals for myself to meet, sign up for an exercise class to keep me moving or go walking with friends. You can do it! Keep reaching for your goals!
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your health issues! I hope your starting to feel better. I go through periods like that also and I have to do something for a total reset. Whether its joining a gym, signing up for yoga classes, or even just buying a health book and pouring over the details of healthy eating to kick myself in the butt to make a change. Exercise is the key for me. If I can get back to exercise, I see my food choices start to change and just naturally start eating healthier. Good luck!