Workout everyday.

Options
Fazeng
Fazeng Posts: 11 Member
Well, I'm trying to lose weight, I don't have any problem before,but just asking. Is it okay to exercise everyday ? Which mean, there's no day that I don't do workout.

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how hard you are working out. You can walk every day if you want to. Just listen to your body.
  • levon518
    levon518 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah you can but you have to split bodyparts up between days. Say you run every day, you'll be overtraining your legs. So you can do some type of training every day, just not the same bodypart over and over again.
  • Mcrae22
    Mcrae22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're working on the same muscle groups everyday you're body will become use to the same workout schedule. Working out everyday is fine but I would recommend at least one days rest. Recovery is KEY.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Fazeng wrote: »
    Well, I'm trying to lose weight, I don't have any problem before,but just asking. Is it okay to exercise everyday ? Which mean, there's no day that I don't do workout.

Fat loss comes from what and how much you eat. You won’t be able to exercise yourself out of bad food choices and over-eating.

Whether you can exercise every day depends on a few factors:
    1) What is the general intensity of each session. If you’re really taxing your body, you’re going to need rest to recover.
    2) Are you mixing up your activities? If you attempt to weight lift every day, you’re going to be splitting things up so much to keep from working any muscles two days in a row (I don’t advise splits for beginners).
    3) Is your activity something you can do every day (e.g., weather could keep you working out out-of-doors)?

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I would not exercise daily. Your body needs at least 1-2days weekly of complete rest, time to regenerate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is this a new routine for you?
    What are your workouts?
    What are your goals?
    Do you realise you should be eating back exercise calories?

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    there are people that exercise every day, but like others have said, they build up to it. it is not a new routine. a professional triathlete may exercise every day, maybe even twice a day, but they are alternating disciplines, and essentially rotate the muscles used.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how hard you are working out. You can walk every day if you want to. Just listen to your body.
    +1 to this. You need to consider the importance of rest, the impact of fatigue and the danger of injury. You dont say what your workouts consist of, how long, how intense. I think you should always have 1 complete day off and 1 light training day per week at least.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Your body needs time to heal, so take a day or two break. They don't have to be consecutive days, just whatever works best for you ;)
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes, so long as it is not very intense every day.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I do some exercise everyday, which is essential to making it part of MY lifestyle. I don't exercise for very long, usually 30-40 min. However, I do consider a long walk with my dog as exercise that is also recovery, since I usually run, do elliptical or circuits with weights. So recovery is important, but I think it depends on what you are doing. Just do it and count calories, given that weight loss is your goal.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Depending on how hard you're working out, you should try to at least take one day off a week to allow your body some recovery time. I workout out Tuesday through Sunday and take Monday as a rest day.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You need to have a rest day, so that your muscles can heal and your body can recover from all that work
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been able to exercise daily for years and I am super healthy, so it will depend on the individual and you need to work up to it but it has been a part of my life since late teen years
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    I am active every day. I think the only days where I haven't been active over the past several years is when I've been really sick or recovering from surgery.

By active I mean ... at least a relatively decent, brisk, walk ... often a fairly lengthy walk up and down hills ... and also cycling as often as possible.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day, barring illness or the rare injury, but I vary my workouts a lot. I lift twice a week, and every other day is a mix of cardio and yoga. My yoga practice is pretty diverse as well, at least one day is a low key hatha class every week, and at least one class is vinyasa/power yoga. The rest I play by ear, depending on what my body feels- if anything is sore, hurts, etc. I go low key, if I feel like pushing I do more vinyasa.
  • Fazeng
    Fazeng Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    What are your workouts?
    What are your goals?

What do u mean eating back exercise calories ? When u burn the calories, why do u try to eat it back ?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    What are your workouts?
    What are your goals?

What do u mean eating back exercise calories ? When u burn the calories, why do u try to eat it back ?

I have my MFP profile set at sedentary, and I have 1250 calories to work with on rest days. I can eat that much, and still lose weight because that's about a 450 cal deficit every day.

When I exercise, I burn more calories. Then it is up to me whether I want to eat them back or not. I usually eat approx. half of them back. So if I burn 200 cal while walking for 60 min, I'll eat 100 cal back. Or if I burn 400 cal while cycling for 60 min, I'll eat 200 cal back.

When I eat half my calories back, I've still got my 450 cal deficit ... plus maybe a bit more from exercise.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I walk roughly 15kms (10 miles) everyday. I'm always saying I'm going to have a rest day and stick to maybe 10,000 steps, but I cant. I think I'm addicted. ..
    Obviously you can't compare walking to a full on body weight session 7 days a week though.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What are your workouts?
    What are your goals?

Go to the Getting Started forum and read the stickies on how to use this tool before you damage yourself.
    Your calorie deficit is worked out assuming you do no exercise. Without fuelling your exercise you will turn a sensible calorie deficit into an excessive and harmful deficit.