Fitbit Surge and Aria scale anyone?

Options
Anyone here own these? How do you like them? Are they worth the money? Do they keep you motivated?

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know this information as well. Anyone?
  • SmasherC
    SmasherC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Surge but I do have the Charge HR and it's awesome. Relatively accurate and has really motivated me and given me a good glimpse into my overall activity levels.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The scales are good. Confusing if more than one person is using them though. I have a ChargeHR which I love muchly
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    SmasherC wrote: »
    I don't have a Surge but I do have the Charge HR and it's awesome. Relatively accurate and has really motivated me and given me a good glimpse into my overall activity levels.
    ^ Yup!

Scale is a *kitten* to setup. But seems to work fine once it has been setup. Make sure your wi-fi reaches the scale location.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ya, I heard the scale was a pain to set up. So how does the scale work in conjunction with the fitbit and MFP? Does the scale send the information to the fitbit/MFP immediately? Does it chart your progress for you?
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can link it. My aria send the weight directly to MFP. I have the charge HR and love it! It motivates me to move more because I set my activity level on MFP to very active and MFP will do negative calories if I don't keep activity level up. I also now have a bunch of fitbit friends that I comptete with for weekly and daily challenges so the activity is fun!
    The aria can tell the difference between when I get on or my boyfriend. Maybe because of the weight difference...i'm not sure how it would fare with multiple people close to the same weight/bf%.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Options
    Thanks! So it displays bf% as well (I realize this may not be the most accurate, but it's a place to start and track!)

It sounds like most of you like the Charge better than the Surge. Why?
  • vgnfarmer
    Options
    I picked the charge just because I have smaller wrists and wanted something more delicate looking, less bulky. Plus I wanted purple!
    Yes, does BF%. Everyone says they are not too accurate but I do like the data anyway
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and the fitbit Aria scale. I love them sooooo much. I did not get the surge because it is so big. I'm a woman and I feel that the Charge HR is pretty bulky on my wrist. I have never been fond of a regular watch though. I prefer a bracelet watch like fine jewelry watch. If I could get the Charge HR in jewelry form I would be over the moon! Lol

My scale updates to MFP immediately. It takes a while to update the fitbit dashboard on my phone though. Not forever but probably a couple of hours. That could be something on my end though.
  • vgnfarmer
    Options
    IAMGlue, Yes jewelry fitbit would be great! Did you see the Tory Burch ones? Doesn't work for charge HR but its a start....
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Options
    Thanks guys! Does it bother you to wear it or do you just get used to it? How tight do you need to wear it for it to be accurate? Reason I'm asking is because I hate wearing watches. I do wear bracelets nearly every day, but I do notice that I play with them and I'm always pushing them down. Haha!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    vgnfarmer wrote: »
    IAMGlue, Yes jewelry fitbit would be great! Did you see the Tory Burch ones? Doesn't work for charge HR but its a start....

I have seen them! I hope that they expand the line further. :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks! So it displays bf% as well (I realize this may not be the most accurate, but it's a place to start and track!)
    It sounds like most of you like the Charge better than the Surge. Why?
    $100; smaller;

Don't expect great accuracy of HR when sweating heavily or in non steady state conditions; when walking very fast it seems to drop a few steps; when waving your arms it seems to add steps; yet, regardless, in the end Fitbit's TDEE estimation seems to be accurate for most people.
  • vgnfarmer
    Options
    I got used to it, I never wore a watch and now have been either wearing the force or charge hr for the past 18months and feel strange without!
  • toplinestudio
    toplinestudio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went with the simple FitBit flex and like that I can switch out the band colors depending on mood/clothing. I also started putting Swarovski Rhinestones on the bands to dress them up and sell them on Etsy if anyone is interested. Don't have the scale but have been pondering getting one.
    h6bgqtv3stns.jpg
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit is great, but just be careful to assess the accuracy of the calorie burn. Mine tells me that I burn 250-400 calories more than I actually burn. People have different metabolisms. I just add that number of calories on to the number I have to burn to get the deficit I want to have.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Just got the Aria, love it. Also have a Fitbit Flex and love that, as well. It's so nice because all of the products link to each other, and MFP gives me more or less calories depending on my daily burn. It's legit.
  • vgnfarmer
    Options
    Very cute topline.
    Goperfect, I set it to dominant even though on non-dominant hand to offset some of that possible overage.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    4y1k1wjdcj41.jpg
    Ya, I heard the scale was a pain to set up. So how does the scale work in conjunction with the fitbit and MFP? Does the scale send the information to the fitbit/MFP immediately? Does it chart your progress for you?

Yes it does chart it and it sends it to mfp as soon as it syncs, almost immediately for me.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Options
    Oh wow that is so cool! I think this would be so motivating!