Cake or pie?

AllyV0621
AllyV0621 Posts: 81
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
On average, would a piece of fruit pie (peach, apple, strawberry, etc) or a piece of cake have more calories? I know it depends on the type, but overall, which would it be?

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    I thought this thread was going to be about which one is more delicious. :frown:
  • AllyV0621
    lol sorry. i can never choose, so i'm hoping this will help me decide which to drift towards when i am faced with this incredible decison.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    It really will depend on the kind of cake and the kind of pie.... if you leave most of the crust behind then pie will probably have less calories, though is likely to be really high in sugar. If it's a creamy cake (yum!) then there will be lots of fat in the cream and lots of sugar and carbs in the cake.
    I say work out which you enjoy more, eat a small piece and log the calories!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Totally depends on what sort it is! Depends of amount of pastry on the pie or cream in a cake or sugar or thickness of either.....best to check packages :)
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    I thought this thread was going to be about which one is more delicious. :frown:

Definitely cake!! lol
  • angelquest
    angelquest Posts: 15
    I looked a bunch of them up and Rubybelle is right....it varies so much, and they were pretty comparable. But I found one that made me really happy! 1/8th of a 9' diameter strawberry pie was only like 165 calories! YAY!!!! I LOVE fresh strawberry pie!
  • neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    well if its real fruit i guess opt for that since it would probably have atleast a tiny bit of nutritional value. though in the end, the calories probably wont differ too much from the cake. what did u end up choosing?
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Mmmmm I want both please!
  • AllyV0621
    what did u end up choosing?
    posted this after logging my dinner at a pie restaurant and wondering if the damage would have been less if i had opted for cake. ended up having peach pie mmmm.....
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Everything is in the details. Don't even bother asking, every recipe and every store can vary wildly in ingredients and calories. If someone says they know, they are full of crap unless you tell us exactly what's in this cake or pie you're comparing.

I say, if this is a "cheat day" . . seriously, eat what you love the most. Get it out of your system.
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member

Me too! I was ready to be like PIE ALL THE WAY! haha
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member

LOL!!!! I thought that too! I'm a pie person!!!! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.