How did I get here!

Options
Hello.

After a year of knowing I had finally put on weight, last Monday I finally hoped on the scales and was so shocked to see the scales flash up with 203lbs! (14st 7). I am only 5ft 2(and a half). I was in total shock and thought the scales were wrong! Made the whole family weigh themselves! As I thought, nothing wrong with the scales just me!

How on earth have I managed to pile on the lbs? I've had 2 children and have never been so heavy in all my life!

Nothing like a shock to get me motivated. I have stuck to the plan this week and have been to the gym 3 times! I really hope my weigh in tomorrow will motivate me further..... Good luck to everyone and let's get there together

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I started at the same weight. And yea it shocked me as well. But the good news is, you know what you need to do to fix this. I'm 135 now so it can be done :) get yourself a food scale and weigh and measure everything you consume . eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight:)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    u can totally do this! i was like u and knew i was heavier but avoided the scales for probably a year. hopped on finally and was at 215lbs. i thought no way. i didn't feel 215lbs. i didn't even think i looked that heavy (though after losing some i started to realize i was in denial). joining here is a great first step! i takes 3 weeks to create a habit and your already 1/3 of the way down. im now almost to my first goal (145lbs) and am so proud i started when i did! good luck!
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    LOL I so know how you felt that day! I remember when I finally got on the scale and saw what I weighed, I was laughing bc I was in such shock! I couldn't believe I gained all that weight.
    I can't wait to hear how you weigh in goes tomorrow. Please let us know. I lost 3.4 my first week and I know I lost some inches bc I look slimmer BUT I didn't measure myself before I started (ugggg kicking myself for sure) Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Look forward to hearing how your weigh in goes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 220. It was a shock. I cried.

139 now. You can do this.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're in the best place to lose those extra pounds-you've got this!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 220 lbs. It took a long time (I was only just introduced to MFP in November) but now I'm down to 107 lbs.

You got this. MFP will be a great asset, I managed to lose the bulk of my weight fumbling blindly in the dark.
  • lmcdonald1979
    lmcdonald1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    My highest weight was 220. It was a shock. I cried.

139 now. You can do this.
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I started at the same weight. And yea it shocked me as well. But the good news is, you know what you need to do to fix this. I'm 135 now so it can be done :) get yourself a food scale and weigh and measure everything you consume . eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight:)

Well done on your weight loss
  • inafog
    inafog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As all the others have already said, "You can do this", I once weighed 204 pounds, just the other day I weighed 164!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost 40 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I did it with a severe knee injury. I couldn't walk, do anything except sit, so how did I lose weight....I just ate less and less, now it's a habit, no longer even interested in food all that much. I'm going to keep going until I get to around 150 and then see how I feel. I am 5'3 on a good day. I can walk okay now but mot for long distances cause my knee starts killing me, so I take it slow. I'm fine as long as I get to where I want to end up I don't care how long it takes.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wow
    Inspiring people here!!! Thank you.
    To the OP: Good luck!