Dinner= my weak spot

Options
i don't struggle during the day, I actually do really well and then that time of night comes called dinner and I always manage to overeat, I don't even have late night eating trouble like I used to, it's just dinner. Is this anyone else's weak area? Does anybody have any tips? I think I feel like omg this is my last meal for the night so I need to make it count and I know I need to change that mind set but it's also that I feel so much more hungry at that time than any other time of the day

Replies

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like to have a big dinner so I will purposely save 600-700 calories just for dinner and eat a small breakfast, and lunch.
  • rabe99199
    rabe99199 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your not alone i have the same problem. I can suppress my cravings and am even not very hungry up unril 5 oclock and something ricks in my head. Ill end up caving eating something unhealthy. Once that happens sometimes i stop. Others i go on a full oit binge. My solution to this was to eat more through the day so i was less likely to binge
  • rockailly13
    rockailly13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I try to put 800 aside for dinner or sometimes more. But isn't it bad to eat that much all at once especially towards the evening? My dinner is usually between 5-8 depending on the shift I work but it's never later than 8. Idk why I have to force breakfast down but then dinner I'm all in lol
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I try to put 800 aside for dinner or sometimes more. But isn't it bad to eat that much all at once especially towards the evening? My dinner is usually between 5-8 depending on the shift I work but it's never later than 8. Idk why I have to force breakfast down but then dinner I'm all in lol

No. I eat the majority of my calories (700 to 800) between 9 and 10 in the evening and go to bed within an hour. I've lost 85 pounds doing this. The time of day you eat makes no difference in terms of weight loss. The saying that you shouldn't eat after a certain time is a myth. Unless you have a medical condition like acid reflux, you can eat right up to bed, and it won't affect weight loss.

And if you don't want breakfast, don't eat it. I usually don't even start eating until close to noon. Save those calories for the evening when you are more hungry. That's how I do it personally. Look up Intermittent Fasting. It may help you see things differently.

• Kaylinerst3663
    Kaylinerst3663 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would suggest you look into intermittent fasting. I am never hungry in the mornings but load up late at night and that kind of eating works really well for me. Or of course, as said above, save those calories for the evening.