Your biggest size is my "small size"

Options
Haha. I love hearing about peoples goals and how far theyve come. I'm always really happy fort them and it gives me hope. But I can't help but feel a little down when someone says "here is me looking at my worst at my highest weight of 195" and here I am at 215 looking so forward to when I'm under 200.. Feeling like I will look TONS better.

Just thought it was kinda funny how one persons big size is anothers mini goal hehe

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I will be thrilled, THRILLED to be a size 14. To weigh anything under 200...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You WILL look tons better :) And feel tons better too.
    My current weight (175) is higher than lots of people's starting weight, but is also an end goal for others. A good reminder that we are all on our own individual journey.
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    My biggest size was a size 13.

My smallest size was a size 4 (back when I had a slight eating disorder when I was 16).

Now: size 9-10 (but would like to be a size 6-7, like 5 years ago. That was my best weight and best appearance).
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I am *finally*... after 4 years... no longer in the 20's for sizes. I put on my size 18 pants yesterday and danced around the apartment!

To anyone who decides that that's still too big, or nothing to be proud of... I was in size 24's in January... so :P
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've seen pictures here of someone hating on their Pre weight loss body. And I'm sitting here wishing I could have that one. xD

Perspective I suppose.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, my current weight is a fair bit lower than many people's goal weight, and it's tiring to think I have so much further to go, especially when I've already lost a lot!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,
    don't let this drag you down!
    I'm in the same boat... I have a MFP friend who started at a weight where I want to be by the end of this year: after 1.5 years and 75 lbs... I must say though that the support is the same :-)
    I've read a thread about people my height... most of those who added comments started at a lower "highest weight" than I want to have as my "lowest weight" :-O too skinny isn't beautiful either ;-)

Everyone has his/her own goals. After all "we" have to live with "our" body, and not with anyone else's. What's big for some, is skinny for others... and the scale doesn't say everything: you can be 150 and big and flabby or you can be 150 and skinny and muscular.
    You just need to find what's best for you and you only! My goal is to be under 155 lbs.. even if it's 154.9 ;-) I'll then decide if I go any lower or not.

MM
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    Ehhhhh, I don't even focus on those numbers! I have seen women who say they weigh the same as me and we look like two totally different sizes. Even at the same height. So you can't even go by that. Just as long as you look good and feel good, that's all that matters.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I am *finally*... after 4 years... no longer in the 20's for sizes. I put on my size 18 pants yesterday and danced around the apartment!

To anyone who decides that that's still too big, or nothing to be proud of... I was in size 24's in January... so :P

I totally understand! I can put on and zip up my 18's and am so excited. Can't quite wear them out yet since they are uncomfortably tight in the waist, but 4 months ago I was in a 22.
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I agree. I've seen pictures here of someone hating on their Pre weight loss body. And I'm sitting here wishing I could have that one. xD

Perspective I suppose.

AND when the "pre" body is already looking like a fitness model. lol Butttttttt I won't judge. haha We're all here for the same reason.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have someone on my friends list whose goal weight is my starting weight which I actually found quite cool.
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    Ehhhhh, I don't even focus on those numbers! I have seen women who say they weigh the same as me and we look like two totally different sizes. Even at the same height. So you can't even go by that. Just as long as you look good and feel good, that's all that matters.

I know exactly what you mean! I've seen women that weight the same as me and look like me, but wear a size 6 (I'm a 9 right now). At size 9 I look pretty darn good, but for some other women, it might be big for them. We are all different when it comes to number sizes.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I understand this. One of my good friends is 5'4" and about 120. No way could anyone ever call her heavy. But she put on about 10 lbs and was feeling really down. It was hard to be sympathetic. She explained to me that even though she knows she's a lot lighter than other people who struggle with their weight, it was heavy for HER and made HER feel bad about herself. I try to remember that anytime I hear someone who I think looks great get down on themselves about how much weight they want to lose. Because in reality, I have friends who are heavier than I am. When I talk about my weight, they might be thinking the same thing, that they would give anything to be my weight.