Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince(ss) and dinner like a beggar

Options
How much do you agree / disagree with this ?
Has anyone ever tried to eat like this
and how hard was it (on a scale of 1 not hard to 5 very hard) ?

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I completely disagree. In fact, my eating pattern is the exact opposite of that. But you will get various opinions as different things work for different people.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Pointless and difficult for most people.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Disagree completely.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No. And your choice of text color is obnoxious to read
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Pointless and impractical (a bit like your choice of colourful font I'm afraid!).
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Completely disagree.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    An old myth that has been passed around for decades now.

Myself, I skip breakfast, eat a decent sized lunch and decent sized dinner, then snack till 11:30pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Missed out drink like a fish
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Personal preference, though I think this is in a small minority. Dinner is almost always my biggest meal.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Thanks for the seizure OP

Lol lucky it's not flashing too.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I used to have a very tiny breakfast, now I try to eat about 1/4 to 1/3 of my calories at breakfast/in the morning, a light lunch, and good size dinner since that's what I like.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would throw up if I ate like that. Really, my stomach can't take much food at 6am, and it starts making all the "I'm hungry" noise past 10 am.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters when you consume most of your calories as long as you stick to your calorie goal for the whole day and are functioning well. Eat most of your calories in one meal or have several smaller meals.

I prefer to eat a small breakfast. My lunch might be medium sized. My dinner might be medium to large. I eat 1 to 2 small snacks in the afternoon or after dinner. I tend to eat every 3-5 hours between my waking time and my bed time. Eating that way works for me and is not difficult
    Eating the opposite way would be difficult for me.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I prefer a full dinner..i cant sleep if i dont have a filling dinner.. prefer to have small six meals in including snacks ofcourse
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Personal preference, though I think this is in a small minority. Dinner is almost always my biggest meal.
    yeh same here

• bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I need both a big breakfast and a big lunch. Dinner not so much. I do most of my eating before mid afternoon. I guess it comes down to your habits as much as your preference.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    It's something you have to experiment with. I've been doing pretty well with making lunch my biggest meal.
  • bigandstripy
    bigandstripy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's something you have to experiment with. I've been doing pretty well with making lunch my biggest meal.

Generally speaking I am having three meals per day but I'm probably having smaller ones now with relatively substantial snacks in between. Three square meals is a very old concept, it probably has as much general importance as anything else from the Caveman era.