Is flavoured water bad for you ?

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I drink sparkling water all the time, check the ingredients though some contain aspartame which is horrible for you, so steer clear of that. I'm no expert but I don't see anything wrong with it, however plain water is the best for you of course.

No. Aspartame is one of the most tested substances out there. It's perfectly safe. Some people with migraine disease have sensitivity to it, but other than that? It's fine.

• kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    LaCroix flavored seltzer waters are GREAT. No sodium, no sweeteners, just yummy flavors and fizz. Coconut is my favorite.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon and a half of store-brand-Mio water every day. It has delicious, delicious sucralose and tastes far better than plain or juiced water. I'm guessing the pH is essentially the same as when the water comes out of the fridge.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'd watch out for things like Crystal Light, only because of the massive dose of acid that is really bad for your teeth. :#
  • sugarpuff29
    sugarpuff29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry don't know what mio or lacroix water is
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry don't know what mio or lacroix water is

lacroix is a brand of carbonated water, and Mio is a flavored water.
  • sugarpuff29
    sugarpuff29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh thank u
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »
    LaCroix flavored seltzer waters are GREAT. No sodium, no sweeteners, just yummy flavors and fizz. Coconut is my favorite.

Right there with you, I'm drinking one now.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »

I am going to have try one of those. Sounds good!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking unflavored sparkling water. Honestly, I love it so much! I hate flavored drinks unless it's coffee or alcohol.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it. Personally, I like seltzer water (I like fizz).