Bit of a Weird One

Options
Hi Everyone in MFP Land!

I'm going into hospital tomorrow for an operation... it's not a major serious one (I'll be out the same day) but it will mean that I will be unable to move about frantically.

Here comes the dilemma... I don't want to become a complete couch potato in the weeks that I'm recuperating and getting back on my feet AND I have to be able to fit into a bridesmaids dress in two weeks time.

Does anyone know of any extremely low impact excercises that I will be able to do to maintain my fitness (and possibly keep slimming down my mid-section and massive bottom)?

Thanks in advance for any advice :D
x

Replies

• Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had outpatient surgery in March and wasn't able to do much of anything for 6 weeks due to the risk of blood clots. I would check with your Dr. and make sure it's safe to exercise.

If it is ok to exercise, then maybe try riding a bike or walking for some calorie burn with out high impact and watch your food intake carefully.

Good luck with your operation!
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    depends where you're having your op?!

according to the great jillian michaels, holding a squat position and punching is a good way of doing cardio if you have lower body injuries and its low impact.

lifting small weights?

stepping?

just walking would be great if you're able to?
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Don't know if stitches are involved w/ your surgery, but swimming or water aerobics might be a good option!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'd go with small weights and light aerobics to get you moving a bit. Nothing intense just to get the body going a bit :) Hope all goes well for you
  • Alfie2011
    Alfie2011 Posts: 4
    Options
    I would be guided by the medical professionals with this. Good luck with the surgery!
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    If you can, swimming really seems like your best option! It's the lowest impact you can get. I don't know how much you can safely do, but at least go for a brisk/long walk each day. Tone up the unaffected areas of your body. Keep up with healthy eating!

To fit into a dress, you may want to also consider dropping as much water weight as you can. Good luck. :)
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    Thank you all for the help! I will make sure I go for long gentle walks! And if I'm able to swim... I'll be all over it! :D