Ideal protein with alternative foods

Options
hi, I'm so excited to be loosing weight again. I need a ton of motivation to stick with anything. I have done ideal protein foods in the past but it was too expensive to continue, so this round I'm doing alternative foods to save over half the cost! It's really the same as my grocery bill. I also love seeing that scale number go down. Maybe a little too much: plateaus are so discouraging that I sometimes fall off the plan. I also took my measurements in hopes of allowing that to be more of my driving force this time around. I love my clothes getting bigger and of course needing to go shopping for better fitting stuff. I am looking for people to be accountable to because silence almost always means shame and falling off the plan. I need to have someone to keep me on track since things can get hum drum quickly. Also I'm looking for op experts to help me know how they make the plan their own. If you are familiar perhaps we can exchange ideas on food ideas and on plan substitutions etc... Thank you all for your help in advance.

Replies

• CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am willing to offer support and motivation but not sure about food choices as I am in the UK. I haven't heard of half the products you have in the USA and I am sure it is much the same for you.
  • polo18
    polo18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started IP a few weeks ago. I've spent a lot of time on the 3fatchicks site to learn more about recipes, product alternatives, etc. I bought a month's worth of IP food on my initial visit. I've already found alternatives at Nashua Nutrition online. Some are the IP products in different wrappers. I also found Quest choc-chip cookie dough protein bars. They are restricted to 1 a day, but when put in the oven for a few minutes, taste like choc chip cookies!
  • miako4
    miako4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing IP second time. I believe this time will be more easy and more successful because now I know a lot of tricks and details. And this time I will go with Alternative Products
  • stephliane
    stephliane Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lindora products are made with the same pharmaceutical driven ingrediants as Ideal Protein at 1/2 the cost ($15 vs. $28+). Some are exactly the same including the bars, wafers, soups, shakes, pudding, crunchy treats, etc. They also let you purchase individual packages of the snack items. https://store.lindora.com/