Tracking Food....Challenging or Easy

Options
Hello All,
I would say I am new to MFP but I signed up a while ago and then stopped using the website. Well now I'm back but I am having a challenge with using the website. It's not that it's a difficult website to maneuver it's just the opposite very easy and user friendly. The challenge I am having is finding the time to track what I'm eating? Any suggestions? Do you track before you eat, eat then track or even track while you're eating?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of both, but a lot of people prelog their day. It takes minutes. It takes me longer to figure out what I want to eat than it does to log it. ;)
  • jazzplayer2013
    jazzplayer2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    maybe this week I will try the pre-log, that just may help me with making better choices than the last minute uh oh I totally shouldn't have eaten that ones...lol
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Easy, I track with about 80 % accuracy. I am not perfect.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I plan out everything I'm going to eat the night before. I find that I stay on track better if I have a set plan of what I am going to eat. It makes it easier to say "no thanks" when people go out to lunch at work or bring treats into our meetings. Sometimes when my day gets hectic I will switch things around, but for the most part I stick to what I planned the night before.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    maybe this week I will try the pre-log, that just may help me with making better choices than the last minute uh oh I totally shouldn't have eaten that ones...lol

I started pre-logging after I got this surprise when I ordered a salad for lunch at Chili's. 7y5ecf5utch3.jpg

Turns out this is a famous example of what not to order. I just didn't know, lol. Pre-logging has helped me many, many times.

The very reason to pre log when going out to dinner. I hate when this happens.
  • TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I pre-log, but I'm one of those people that can eat the same thing every day and not get turned off by it, because I see it as "a means to an end." I have had other people say "I'd lose my mind if I had to eat the same thing every day."

For example, my lunch during work days is chicken breast, beans, baked potato, lettuce wedge. The way I vary it is in the way that I season the chicken, the type of bean (black, red kidney, cannellini etc), type of potato (white, gold), the way I prepare the potato (wedges, mashed, diced) and the dressing that I place on the lettuce wedge. Lately I've taken to cubing the potato, and mixing it with the beans after added one kind of BBW sauce or another. The foundation is the same (making it easy to track), but I mix up the flavorings in order to keep it from getting TOO monotonous. Nothing like when your boss insists on going to lunch, picking the (fast food) restaurant, and you end up paying $9 for a sandwich with more calories and less macro nutrients than the lunch you packed, that's sitting waiting for you back at the office.