I'm not gaining muscle or loosing weigh....

Options
do you think it's safe to say I'm not loosing muscle mass?
I'm just wondering about previous diets and healthy eating plans, I've not done much exercise with them and found it very easy to loose weight but I'm starting to wonder if in the past I was just loosing muscle mass, where as this time I've exercised alot and not lost any weight so far.
I'm probably clutching at straws here but I'm just trying to figure out why this time is so different to all the others!

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say. Are you eating back your exercise calories? What types of food are you eating? Opening your diary might give a good insight as to why you might not be losing weight. :-)
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Take measurments. You may not be loosing weight but you may well be loosing inches
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Diary is open now!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight for about 4 weeks but I have clearly lost inches. As others have said, measure yourself and if your clothes fit better then something is working :-)
  • Losingitin2011
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good, maybe MFP is overestimating your calories? Definitely take measurements. Are you drinking your water? I am terrible about logging it but try to drink it. Do you have a HRM? It could be a lot of different things. I know I stopped losing and actually gained some back but my size dropped a TON.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I do try to drink my water I'm usually pretty good t like you forget to log it lol
    Exercise is right as well I've been using my hrm to get the info, I measured myself at the beginning of the week and did again just now and there's losses already so that's a good thing, I'm just gonna have to get over the scales! Might throw them away so I stop obsessing!
  • Losingitin2011
    Options
    Don't worry about the scales. If you're losing inches, you're losing fat. While muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it is more dense, so if you're burning fat while gaining muscle, you'll lose sizes without losing pounds.
  • gremlet
    gremlet Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you find the answer, let me know! :smile:

I've been using MFP for nearly 3 months, running 3/4 times a week for 8 weeks and doing the 30 Day Shred 6 days a week for 3 weeks. I've lost all of 2kgs!

However, I do seem to have dropped an entire dress size so something good is happening!

Just keep at it. You seem to be doing the right things. The tape measure is your friend. Not the scales. :happy:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I do try to drink my water I'm usually pretty good t like you forget to log it lol
    Exercise is right as well I've been using my hrm to get the info, I measured myself at the beginning of the week and did again just now and there's losses already so that's a good thing, I'm just gonna have to get over the scales! Might throw them away so I stop obsessing!

What are you goals set to? You might have to set them to lose 0.5 lbs a week, since you only have around 25 lbs to lose....